Spring options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I have been riding on my H&R Race Springs for about 6 months now and they are just too low. I like the spring rates, but I need something that sits a little higher. They advertise a 2" drop but with the perches on my Koni Yellows set at the highest position I am still tucking the tires into the fenderwells and scraping over the smallest bumps in the road. I am looking for something of equal or greater quality to use with my Koni shocks. I would rather run springs than adjustable coilovers because I have no access to corner scales so the adjustability of the coilover is wasted. Anyone have any suggestions?

i know you dont like coilovers but i would check out ground control. they are very nice and you can get any spring rate you want. its not a big deal if you cant get them corner balanced.

It's not that I don't like coilovers it's just that I don't have access to corner scales so the adjustability is almost useless to me. I can't justify spending another $120 over the cost of regular springs when I can't use the extra funcitonality. It would be like me buying a Hondata with boost functionality and then never boosting my car.

I thought about Neuspeeds but last I heard they were just rebadged Eibach springs that Neuspeed was selling for more money. Please correct that if I am wrong.

Ive never heard of that, but why not just get Eibach anyway? I mean they provide springs for just about every class of racing and their a trusted name. Or how about tein springs? seems like everyone on this message board fancies them. I think when i get springs, im going to get either one of the two. just my two cents.

If anyone has any experience with these springs let me know what your ride height is. Mine is currently ~2 inches, probably a little less.

That's funny... the H&R race springs were what I wanted to get but everyone was out of them and I didn't want to wait. The Eibachs are overpriced if you ask me... Although I've never had them, I hear the Tanabe springs are the ish and they are around $200 for the GF series. I think that is the series with the higher spring rate but less drop. If I'm not mistaken it's a 1 1/2" drop and 20% - 30% spring rate increase. Check the website.....

I am having the same problem as you are. I have Eiback Sportlines. They lower the front of the car too much because of the extra weight with my B20 in the car now. I am getting Ground Control Coilovers with spring rates at 380/250. I think they will work very well with my Tokico Illumina shocks.

:spin:

:)
Like I said, if I had access to corner scales I would run coilovers. But since I do not it seems like a waste of money to me.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 1 2003, 04:32 PM
That's funny... the H&R race springs were what I wanted to get but everyone was out of them and I didn't want to wait. The Eibachs are overpriced if you ask me... Although I've never had them, I hear the Tanabe springs are the ish and they are around $200 for the GF series. I think that is the series with the higher spring rate but less drop. If I'm not mistaken it's a 1 1/2" drop and 20% - 30% spring rate increase. Check the website.....

I would like the springs I get to be sized for the 93 Integra. I am not sure if the 94+ used the same length spring because most of the suspension changed.

i suggest getting a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs. they only lower your car aroun 1.0 - 1.5 inches, but they are good performance springs. mike (calesta) had them on his civic w/cr-vtec.

Why not do the H&R Sport's like I have? Still a nice spring rate, not too low a drop...

Back