Spring Rate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smurf bnms

I'm am about to purchase some coil-over's in pretty much any spring rate I want. I was just wondering if anyone has some spring rates that they really like for autocrossing and/or road racing. I have progressive rate springs now that work alright, but I am looking for a linear fixed rated spring for more consistent handling. I have an EG civic that will have a B-series in it soon. I have heard that some people running 450F/600R all the way up to 550F/1000R. Any comments/suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

I will be running 6K front/8K rear next week. One major question is do you want to daily drive on this too? My spring rates are almost the max you can go on street, higher then that and you might as well weld the axles to the chassis

I dont care at all about ride quality first off. I dont drive the car daily..just to and from events and occasionally around town. Will an 18k rear spring cause the upper shock(strut?) mount to break or any other suspension component for that matter to break? Welding it is a little extreme but I get your point.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 4 2003, 04:38 PM
I will be running 6K front/8K rear next week.

holy shit! 6000/8000 thats insane

No no...he meant 6kg/mm and 8kg/mm. It works out to be around 350lb/in and 450lb/in, or something like that.

my HA's are 8kg Front and 6kg rear. (447/335)

i'd like to go to a 550/650 later this year. I'm beginning to dislike the Tein's. Bill's rust froze on. mine are getting there. junk shit.

JIC > Tein

I shouldda waited

b, what did you use to lubricate/prevent rust with. So far I have heard like 20 diffrent products to use. Dielectric grease, lithium grease, wd40, anti sezie. What is the best to use?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2003, 11:41 PM
my HA's are 8kg Front and 6kg rear. (447/335)

i'd like to go to a 550/650 later this year. I'm beginning to dislike the Tein's. Bill's rust froze on. mine are getting there. junk shit.

JIC > Tein

I shouldda waited

:werd:

Me still getting JICs. :)

it doesn't matter colin. spraying them just attracts sand to stick to them.

i'm selling my teins very soon i think

why not get dust covers ??? like stock shocks have ??

and I'm assuming when people say for example 8kg Front and 6kg rear. (447/335) the 447/335 are lbs/in

dust covers dont fit
and yes you are right dennis on the lbs/in

i dunno, B you should talk to dan over at rcrew about JIC's, he hates them, they are supposed to be junk. the HA's were the only ones with the rust problem, you shoulda got SS's ;)

Back