Spring Rates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatherer

I'm planning on putting tokico illuminas with ground control coilovers on my 93 honda civic CX I'm also planing on ITR sway bars front and rear, what spring rate should I be looking for to get with the ground controls? any insight into this question would be great as right now I'm in the dark.... well seriously confused.. anyways the car will be daily driven and become a weekend warrior so I need something that will perform well. Once again thanks in advance for any help provided.

gatherer

tokico's won't provide much dampening past 350, 400 spring rates...so keep that in mind.

knowing this i'd get like 350 front, 400 rear or so...or get koni's, have them revalved and get 450-500 spring rates. basically, the stiffer the rear springs, the better the car will handle and the less tolerable the ride quality will be.

its all a compromise, and comes down to how far you want to go.

thanks what if I went with kybs? would they provide the damping required how much (roughly) does it cost to get shocks revalved?

I'd go with 400 in front and 350 in back. Front should be stiffer due to engine weight. I'd personally go with Koni's over anything else. They are quite expensive, but worth it in the long run.

I've heard that stiffer front springs create understeer and is more stock like in the step, personally I've driven this car hard and I'm really hating the understeer I'd like to build a suspension that doesn't understeer or oversteer by too much (I'd rather have bit of oversteer then any understeer). any comments?

Originally posted by thuy@Jan 21 2003, 11:20 AM
I'd go with 400 in front and 350 in back. Front should be stiffer due to engine weight. I'd personally go with Koni's over anything else. They are quite expensive, but worth it in the long run.

yeah i'm with him 400f 350r

Back