Standalone Cheap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hcivic.com

I am going to buy a stand alone and a company called sds digital http://www.sdsefi.com/
they produce a great product and offer 25% off for 10 or more systems they offer 10% for two systems so all I really need are a couple of guys that are looking for a standalone system if you go to there website you can look up all the system specs for the price they cannot be beat I have used one of there systems before they work good and offer great tune ability the offer amazing customer support and they are in my city so I can pick up and ship out cheap
Anybody interested shoot me an email at matt@hcivic.com

do you have a clue what you are talking about mabye if you could read then you would acyally be able to go past the home page and past ther mixture meter and look at the stand alones

yea i looked at that.. the "mixture meter" utilizes a stock O2 sensor from a GM vehicle.. and it costs 78 bucks. it only reads voltage.. just like my 50 dollar autometer one ...

i would never use that.

not even on an automatic d15

if you want to tune your car, get something that uses a wideband

SDS does not use RS232 communication protocol and is not laptop or PC compatible.

SDS is not compatible with OE crank sensor systems.

Not compatible with OE air idle control systems.

No datalogging capability

Spark control not available for engines with odd numbers of cylinders

right from their page....

that = SUCKS

sol reaver just had it and sold it i think.

IMO, its no better than the "vafc hack"

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Feb 14 2003, 01:31 AM-->
I am not talking about the mixture meter i am talking about there stand alone sytem ie ecu
So are we.
Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 13 2003, 02:19 PM
SDS does not use RS232 communication protocol and is not laptop or PC compatible.

SDS is not compatible with OE crank sensor systems.

Not compatible with OE air idle control systems.

No datalogging capability

Spark control not available for engines with odd numbers of cylinders

right from their page....

that = SUCKS

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 13 2003, 03:49 PM
Geez, what does it work with?

pissedoffsol
@Feb 13 2003, 03:59 PM
IMO, its no better than the "vafc hack"

Have any of you used a SDS system...it is easy to setup and tune as a standalone engine management system. It does not require you to go purchase a laptop to program it as it comes with its own programming interface. No, it does not have datalogging - but not everyone needs it.

Does it work, hell yes...I use it on my racecar and have had great results (165 HP out of a 1.3L EW motor - dynoed all motor) and I have another friend who races an all motor B18 that makes 300 HP...

If you are looking for something to run on the street with smog capabilites, I agree with you this isn't the right piece of gear. But there are other alternatives besides this for the street...

Kirk

Back