Star Wars Episode III

• I hate Star Wars with a passion!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am going to hold off a week to see

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 16 2005, 06:21 PM
... really now?

:ph34r:
[post=500204]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah my mommy told me PG13 movies were bad.

I'll wait a few, I don't want to be the only person in street clothes watching it. Fucking nerds.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+May 16 2005, 02:57 PM-->
Unleashed. i freakin love Jet Li
[post=500120]Quoted post[/post]​

Saw it. Loved it. Saw "Year of the Yao" and "Kingdom of Heaven" last weekend too. Going to watch E3. :)

dohcvtec_accord
@May 16 2005, 03:06 PM
Definitely gonna see it this weekend.

Jet Li is for sissies. :p
[post=500133]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: and hell no! Jet Li > *

AzN PrYd3 y0 :lol:

Going Wednesday night with some friends (normally dressed, no costumes :) )

Tried to get Thursday off, or even to be able to come in late Thursday, but no dice. Gonna get like 2-3 hours sleep :p

i got my ticket to go see. im going thursday after work to see it. i was shocked that when i went to get my ticket that there wasnt a line of people to see the midnight showing. they are showing SW3 at 3 theaters at my local mall so i guess they are expecting a huge response. ahh well. i cant wait to see it :)

they are camping out in front of the movie theaters. i drove by one up in warrensburg on the way home, they look like they were there all day long. man the dedication

Allow me to describe to you where I live.

I live across the street from a Movie Theater.

I haven't seen this many cars just... piled up.. in all my life. The line is insane. IT's louder than a UCONN campus party.

-> Steve

I am actually at the theatre as we speak. I have my laptop with my sprint wireless network card. Nothing better than waiting two hours in a movie theatre surfing hondaswap while i wait.

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@May 18 2005, 09:07 PM
I am actually at the theatre as we speak. I have my laptop with my sprint wireless network card. Nothing better than waiting two hours in a movie theatre surfing hondaswap while i wait.
[post=501148]Quoted post[/post]​

UBERNERD!!

Whatever theres nothing else to do for two hours. Why not surf the web. :p

I got there at 10pm, saw it at midnight, out at 2:30am, home by 3am, up at 7am, and I'm at work at 8am now. :angry:

Worth it though. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 19 2005, 08:02 AM
so how was it?
[post=501233]Quoted post[/post]​

Pretty good, actually!

I thought it was an excellent movie that ties the first movies incredibly well into the last three. Lots of action, awesome cgi effects of course, and even though you basically know what's going to happen, you still have a feeling of suspense. The love scenes between anakin and padme are still wooden, but I think we've come to expect that. They're pretty short and out of the way for the most part anyway, they don't really detract from anyhting this time. Anakins reasons for needing the suit are actually pretty sad to watch, as well. As opposed to his love scenes, he acts pretty well when he's just screaming in agony. :p Overall I think no one will be dissapointed. :)

I do have a few minor gripes though, although they're quite minor. Some might consider these spoilers, at the most they're very minor spoilers, but don't read more if you want to be completely spoiler free:

MINOR SPOILER ALERT:

I only have a few small gripes... Overall I really enjoyed the movie:

1. Dooku and Grevious' deaths are far too quick. Dooku was the major baddie in Ep II; I understand that it's supposed to show that Anakins skills have greatly improved since their last encounter, but I figured he'd at least put up a better fight than he did.
From the Clone Wars animated series that tells the story of what happens between Episodes II and III, I expected Grevious to be a main character throughtout the movie, but he was really nothing more than a minor character.

2. Mace Windu is supposed to be one of the greatest Jedi fighters of all time; rivaling, or some say even better than Yoda as far as melee battle is concerned. Granted, Sidious killed the other 3 jedi that were with Windu almost in the blink of an eye when they tried to arrest him, and Windu was the only one that could contend with Sidious, but it still didn't properly show what kind of a seriously BMF he's supposed to be. If you haven't seen it, watch (I believe) episode 23 of the Clone Wars series; the whole episode is divoted to Windu single handedly defeating an entire army... Not a word is spoken in the episode, just pure butt kicking. My mouth was hanging open through the whole thing. :) THAT'S the Windu I was expecting for Episode III, but he ends up seemingly 'normal' as far as Jedi are concerned.

3. My third gripe is a storyline problem with R2D2! He was absolutely awesome in this movie, don't get me wrong... He even gets to kicks some butt! But from a storyline perspective, why can R2 do all these amazing things in the first three episodes, and not the others? At one point, R2 is captured by droids. It would have been a perfect time to explain why R2 is so less active in the other three movies; they could have had a scene where the enemy droids end up attacking him, ripping out all the things he dosen't have in the later movies like his rocket boosters and such. It would have explained why, compared to the first three episodes, the later R2 seems almost crippled in comparison.

That's really about it. Overall it was awesome!

END SPOILER ALERT

It's supposed to be a much "darker" movie than the previous ones, which is true from what I gather. I can't wait to see it now!

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@May 18 2005, 11:07 PM
[post=501148]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yes! :worthy:

well i saw it and OMG it kicks 10 kinds of ass!! i thought R2 was badass in this one as was Yoda. neither one of em took anyones shit. Anakin was, well, pissed pretty much 80% of the movie...LOL. i was glad to see Chewbacca in this one :) Chewie rules!!

btw, the true nerds/geeks are the Star Trek fans :ph34r:

who voted they hated StarWars in the poll?

Back