Steering Wheel Shakes..tire Vibration..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup peoples..yo i need some help..my steering wheel shakes a little and pulls to the left..i know it needs a wheel alignment and the boot on left axle is no good..im replacing soon..but then i also get a sligth tire vibration when i give it gas in low rpms..i have 91 Civic B16a...Tokico Blues..H@R Springs..Upper front strut bar..Ingalls Camber Kit..17'" wheels..all stuff is within two months old..would the bad boot on axle cause this or the wheel alignment...also i hear a slight noise comin from right front wheel...it sounds faint but i can hear it wind up when i speed up and wind down..when i release the gas..anybody know?..

i was also told that becuz i have place racing mounts..i will feel more vibration.. cuz the rubber in mounts is differnt then the rubber used to make stock mounts..???is this true??

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Feb 11 2003, 05:28 PM
i was also told that becuz i have place racing mounts..i will feel more vibration.. cuz the rubber in mounts is differnt then the rubber used to make stock mounts..???is this true??

yes. its stiffer and you will feel more vibration.

have you done an alignment recently? hit a curb?

yeah..the car needs a wheel alignment..it pulls to the left a little..its prob off about a inch or so..but..i didnt hit any curbs..lol..

also check to make sure you lug nuts on the rim are tightened down, i had the same problem after I left pep boys one day to change my brake pads and them fooker aint tighten all the bolts all the way, its little shit that can contribute to large problems

If they're new wheels, you've got to retighten the lugs after 50 miles or they will loosen up and your wheel(s) could fall off. No joke, it's happened several times here in town according to one tire shop.

My friend had a similar problem..the going to the left thing is simply an alignment problem...but the shaking thing in my friend's case turned out to be a f*cked up intermidiate shaft...and since you said it was on the left side where you could hear the noise coming from...that is the side the shaft is on, so check that out and see if it's that

Back