still wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

okay, i know i keep bugging everyone but i can not find the map sensor and the purge control solenoid?
i have been looking forever and i cant find them.
i got a b16 sir II.
any help would be awesome

Originally posted by 93civicsir@Jul 3 2005, 01:41 PM
okay, i know i keep bugging everyone but i can not find the map sensor and the purge control solenoid?
i have been looking forever and i cant find them.
i got a b16 sir II.
any help would be awesome
[post=520119]Quoted post[/post]​

do you even know what it looks like...?
It should say something like (sensor assy map) on it....
It should be either on the throttle body or the firewall....I dont know what you have so...

okay 93 civic ex. the old motor has it on the throttle body. and the purge control solenoid is on the intake manifold. but there is no map sensor on the b16 throttle body and no pcs on the intake. its all clean looking.
the only thing on the throttle body is the tps and two hose fittings. no map sensor at all.
now this is the jdm one but is the map mounted on the wall in japan?
can i go with out the two sensor? or wil it throw code?
pleas help, i want my baby back and i need to finish wiring it. thanks.

You need a MAP, the JDM one is one the firewall.

damitt, how much does the map cost? any clue?
and what about the solenoid? just leave it hanging?(the wires that is)
and should i use one a del sol. or a d series?

Originally posted by 93civicsir@Jul 3 2005, 04:45 PM
[post=520199]Quoted post[/post]​

EGAY is your friend....They have a few...

also I might have one in the garage..I'll check in a bit....

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jul 3 2005, 04:00 PM-->
93civicsir
@Jul 3 2005, 04:45 PM
[post=520199]Quoted post[/post]​

EGAY is your friend....They have a few...

also I might have one in the garage..I'll check in a bit....
[post=520206]Quoted post[/post]​

aka he will never find it....lol check ebay and i don't know what stores are around you but i know that advance auto sells it if not your best bet is to check some local junk yards or that last option (the best option) your local honda dealer!

ok, i can get to an advanced , autozone and a honda dealership. i just know i will cost.
but my question, what map sensor? should i go for del sol vetc, or can i just go with my civics?
and what about that purge control solenoid? just leave it hanging and forget about it? because the solenoid isnt on the motor at all.

Originally posted by 93civicsir@Jul 4 2005, 01:03 AM
ok, i can get to an advanced , autozone and a honda dealership. i just know i will cost.
but my question, what map sensor? should i go for del sol vetc, or can i just go with my civics?
and what about that purge control solenoid? just leave it hanging and forget about it? because the solenoid isnt on the motor at all.
[post=520332]Quoted post[/post]​

the map sensor is what tell the ecu how much air and fuel to put in the engine when you are at different throttle postions and different rpms you should look for a dohc 1.6 map sensor can you use yours from the d series not to sure i don't think you should i don't think i would! just me personally have i seen it done yes my boys 95 civic he is using the d series map but then he wonders why he is running so rich in the begining and then lean in the end!!! hope that helps you out some

i know what the map does. but no big deal, hmotorsonline.com is sending me one for free because it didnt come with one. but i am still am wondering about the purge control soloind vavle wire. just leave it hanging?
going to try it.

If your new motor doesn't use it, and the ECU you are running doesn't want to see it at pin A20, than you should be good, just make sure the rest of the vacuum system is all going somewhere, or plugged.

Back