stock ecu with pr3 pistons in gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jwn7

i'm very tempted to bump the compression up on my gsr from 10.0 -> 11.3 via some pr3 pistons while it's apart. but i can't afford any sort of tuning or hondata etc at this point. my question is: will the stock ecu have any idea what the hell to do with the higher compresion?

are there any cheap ways to get it working properly? maybe a chip or something of the sort? i know almost nothing about ecus and tuning, so thanks for any input.

Originally posted by jwn7@Mar 26 2004, 05:49 PM
i'm very tempted to bump the compression up on my gsr from 10.0 -> 11.3 via some pr3 pistons while it's apart. but i can't afford any sort of tuning or hondata etc at this point. my question is: will the stock ecu have any idea what the hell to do with the higher compresion?

are there any cheap ways to get it working properly? maybe a chip or something of the sort? i know almost nothing about ecus and tuning, so thanks for any input.

You COULD get your ECU reprogrammed or do it yourself... visit www.pgmfi.org for more information... You also have the option of getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and adjusting fuel pressure to meet your fuel needs... and adjust ignition timing as needed via the distributor... Those are the cheapest ways I can think of...

Back