Street Racer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if I had 2g's I would spend it on a z6 with a turbo running 6 to 7 psi. that would let me woop on some b series and still not break the bank. z6 ($350-400), turbo ($1000-up), zdyne; hondata ($295-400), with your si tranny.
if you have a pm6 ecu zdyne makes a one wire vtec ecu mod which will work great for your situation. and a little left for beverages!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

with that set up, you might barely keep up with b series engines because the only turbo i know of that is $1000 is the greddy g15, and that is $1600. i really dont think its even worth the 1600, because by the time you buy the intercooler, $800 or so, and a bov, your almost up to the cost of a drag kit, but you'd be alot slower. ive heard the g15's add maybe 30 or 40 hp at 6-7 psi without an intercooler...

yea if you buy a new kit and not piece one together. i pieceing mine together and i'll have less than 1500 in mine but i'm also building my own exhast manifold.

As I see it this comes down to Three finalists;

The simplest conversion:
Drop in a ZC motor which will match my stock Si Transmission and call it quits. the gains will be moderate but not as significant as the can be.

The not so simple:
Gut the car and replace the engine and Transmission with a full B16A. This set up gives a significant gain and room to bolt-ons like a turbo etc...

The other not so simple:
Or the Mother of all swaps for this car would be to put full B18C1 again offering lots of room to improve with bolt-ons.

As I understand it the B16A or B18C1 will need a complete change over package and the mounts which will probably be a pain to find. I have lowered the car about 2 1/4 inch with new springs and struts last April it now handles very nicely. Is putting in a heavier engine like B18C1going to give me handling and clearance problems?

I just don't want to go through all the hassles of the conversion and not get any significant performance gains.

dude your like me not enough cash. But its ok i didnt read n e further than the first couple of repiles so if someone suggested this im going to suggest it agien. Go with a D16z6 iv heard of getting those for around 600 to 700 dollars you will need the motor ecu and some nifty wiring you can do the wiring your self just be ready to make lots of friends with the junkyards around your area.you might need the tranny and axles maybe not sure i know my cv joints are going out on me(well i think its my cv's) n e way if you need any more help e-mail me at crazydude75927@yahoo.com

now dont quote me on any or this i didnt do my swap just some of the wiring which i am still doing now. feal free to ask questions though.

i wouldint suggest getting a motor from hmotors. ive had my b16a2 for about 2 months now and i blew a head gasket and got oil in my distributor :angry:

Back