Just dodged a total nightmare, Pulled over for Street Racing..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

glad you got out of it phyre.... i can tell you from first hand experience its a bitch.

got caught racing in one of my old DAs about ten years ago. got me on radar and witnessed the whole thing, it was bad. got both of us actually, the other guy happened to have drugs on him too. there were a LOT of cops and i got arrested. got me with 4 tickets... drag racing and 105 in a 35 were the most notable. i got a lawyer, but still basically got screwed, cost me thousands and my license was suspended for 6 months. i havent been real big on street racing ever since. only a handful of races in the last 10 years.

glad you got out of it phyre.... i can tell you from first hand experience its a bitch.

got caught racing in one of my old DAs about ten years ago. got me on radar and witnessed the whole thing, it was bad. got both of us actually, the other guy happened to have drugs on him too. there were a LOT of cops and i got arrested. got me with 4 tickets... drag racing and 105 in a 35 were the most notable. i got a lawyer, but still basically got screwed, cost me thousands and my license was suspended for 6 months. i havent been real big on street racing ever since. only a handful of races in the last 10 years.

Wow 105 in a 35 :eek: ? Needless to say you've never done that again I'm assuming.

the judge actually said "do you realize you were going 3 times the speed limit?"

yeah it was dumb

I've never been big on street racing.. I just don't care enough.. I was screwing around, beat him to the speed limit and called it a day. But that is enough to bring down the "righteous hammer of the fucking law" I could have been totally plastered to the wall for it, and got away totally free.

In other news, a local guy was doing 90+ in a 45 and killed himself in my town today. Somehow managed to glance off one telephone pole, skid across 5 lanes, and completely sever another telephone pole. He's dead for being a dumb ass.\

on the brighter side, it was a neon..

On the NJ parkway yesterday a guy in a black SUV almost lost it into me. I'd say he was at a 50 degree angle before he was able to get it back. Dude didn't even slow down. Had to be doing 110+ mph.

In other news, a local guy was doing 90+ in a 45 and killed himself in my town today. Somehow managed to glance off one telephone pole, skid across 5 lanes, and completely sever another telephone pole. He's dead for being a dumb ass.\

on the brighter side, it was a neon..

I don't mean to bring an old thread back from the grave but I just read this and it made me laugh...He almost deserves it. Stupid neon.

in flower mound,tx this same thing happend to me a few months back. he had me on a curb for about an hour called for back up and everything. i was nice and respectfull ofcourse......no need in pissing him off anymore than he already is. but all said and done he wrote me a tickit for expired tags and driving at an unsafe rate of speed. $300 bucks and its not on my record. but the shitty part was my tags were not even out. he told me "hey, i like fast cars too. if i would have ran into you on a back road some where where there was no traffic i probly wouldnt be writing you these tickits,and your lucky i am not taking you to jail." he gave me a feild sobritey test and everything. one of the other cops had to calm him down he was pissed! same moral.......... dont be a jackass......

My first time reading this thread too. and i'd just like to say, i got that EXACT same spiel from a FM cop in 05 (when i still lived there). No speeding ticket, just expired inspection. Complete with the "if i would have run into you on a back road" part.

Nope! Although I have been doing more street racing lately. Only in semi's now though. If you ever see two semis side by side at a light, you can bet your ass they are going to race. Although no one can tell.. Its like 2 sloths racing through a tar pit.

Unless they are trailerless...in which case they give most Hondas a run for their money.

Nope! Although I have been doing more street racing lately. Only in semi's now though. If you ever see two semis side by side at a light, you can bet your ass they are going to race. Although no one can tell.. Its like 2 sloths racing through a tar pit.

One of the guys that used to work for my dad had used to be a truck driver, semi's, dump trucks, etc. He said they used to race through downtown all the time, but it was funny because they'd get passed left and right by cars even when they were racing.

Back