Strippers!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Haha! Made you click!

Talking about paint strippers here. Is there anything that actually works worth a damn these days?

I have an Injen "Mega Ram" intake sitting here for my RSX. It's basically a fat short ram. Actually shows some good dyno numbers, but like any short ram intake, it's susceptible to heat soak, and especially so with the way that the K-series motors sit with the air filter positioned at the back of the engine bay. I also have a heat shield that I bought from some company in the UK. It's basically an aluminum box that separates the air filter area from the engine.

Anyway, the heat shield is black. Appears to be powder-coated. I'd prefer it to just be raw aluminum that I can polish. Any ideas on products that might get this powder coating off? I used to love me some Aircraft Remover as that shit would quickly eat through pretty much anything, but the new, safer formula with the methlyne chloride removed is crap. Obviously that was what made it so effective.

Are you racing? Does it matter?

I still use the stock intake on my vt its more than enough.

Aircraft stripper works fine just put it on with a brush and wait a day.

Are you racing? Does it matter?

I still use the stock intake on my vt its more than enough.

Aircraft stripper works fine just put it on with a brush and wait a day.

No racing. Honestly, I mostly just like how it looks. I have a bunch of other dress up items to put on as well. If I could strip this thing down to bare aluminum and polish it, I think that would look really nice in the bay.

Are you talking about the brush-on aircraft stripper? I have not tried that yet. I used to strip and paint things like mad years ago and the spray-on stuff worked great. I tried to strip something recently with the new formula in a spray can and it barely did shit.

I also remember the good old days when that spray on aircraft paint stripper in the spray can was the shit.
Can't have good things anymore.

I also remember the good old days when that spray on aircraft paint stripper in the spray can was the shit.
Can't have good things anymore.

Yeah, that stuff was great. Just spray it on, wait 30-60 seconds and whatever coating was on your part would shrivel up and die.

But of course, none of us can have it now because a few idiots let natural selection take its course by not reading the warning label.

Back