Suf's 2005 Honda Element aka The Hotbox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

Info:

You all can blame the CR-V for this. It opened me up to a side of Honda I had never explored. I bought the hotbox because I had been wanting a new gen Honda of some sort, it almost ended up being a Ridgeline, but obviously...it was an Element. I plan on making this my DD/mini-build, something I can go up to the family cabin in or take on long road trips...this is my old man car.

Car:

2005 Honda Element LX - AWD (65K miles on date of purchase 04/2014)

Engine/Transmission:

K24A4
4 Speed Automatic

Suspension/Brakes:

OEM

Wheels/Tires:

Stock 16" steelies with H center caps for the time being.

Exterior:

OEM Sunset Orange Pearl w/ Grey Panels
Factory Fog Lights
Tow Package

Interior:

Pretty fucking sweet...I mean come on, its rubberized and stain resistant.

20140503_120003_RichtoneHDR_zpslypinbmm.jpg

20140428_174147_zpsts4pwinl.jpg

20140428_174219_zpsjirjgb6k.jpg

20140428_174252_zpslzhfkevw.jpg

I am selling my 99 CRV and maybe in a few years my GSR, but for now I was in need of a more specialized Honda. This this was rated so high for dog owners I had to have it. My bulldogs shed a lot and I promised I would take them to the Oregon coast soon so I had to do it. Its a nice spunky little awd box, I love it. I have been chasing a misfire in cyl #2 but it keeps coming back so I need to perform my diag.

I like these for what they are, affordable and very useable. My uncle had one, the motor seemed a little buzzy in there, certainly no speed machine. Would be more interesting with a manual, then engine upgrades would be hard to resist, but a good daily driver nonetheless.

Same here. Always thought about one. Certainly tons of usable room.

They should have sold them in white, wheat, rye, instead of orange, black, blue :)

in for th eproject

My buddy's father used to have one and loved it. He would drive more than his x5. He had 4 dogs so it was great for transporting the dogs.

I want to get one of these for my mom. They're a pretty sweet vehicle for someone that wants a bit of economy and utility.

Back