Surfboard Rack For Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lark1000

I want a rack to carry a surf board on my del sol. I know with its small sized roof, its really not possible to mount one to it, especially a long board. I do have an idea for how it would work and hoping there is something out there that would work. The idea I had was mounting the front of the board to the roof with normal removable cushioned straps that can be bought at any surf shop. For the back, I was looking for something that would mount and stand up over the flat trunk about a foot high and probably triangular (so it will stand) and would mount in the wells of the trunk hood. There would be a bar connecting both sides where the board would rest on to and be tied down somehow. Is there anything like that out there? If not, are there companies out there that make custom racks? Thanks!

probably, I posted it a while back but now I know what will work and have more questions and know what would work if there is something like that out there. The only answers I ever got to the other one was to take the top off any put it inside or out the back window which I am already fully aware that I can do :)

The major reason why you cant find any racks is because...

1. The del Sol is one of honda's most rare car under 20k. No one is going to make parts for it
2. the sols top is kinda weak. What I was looking at doing a while back was go buy a second top of ebay (a hundred maybe) then just get a cheap roof rack and just drill it into the ebay top. Or the other way I was thinking, (must be a decent welder) make a roof that is just a frame and has mounting stuff for what ever you need (bike, surfboad, ect.) Only hard part would really be is finding some way to make the frame stay (like the little handles it has now)

that is a GREAT idea with the second top! Ill definatly look into that! The only other thing that Im not sure about yet is if the roof could take the pressure of the board acting as a wing and pulling up on it so much while driving. Will be something to play with. Thanks!
Greg

Easy answer--buy a short board, long boards sux0rz!

There is another topic on this with suggestions, I'm too lazy to link it.

eventually!! :) I just started surfing about late spring of last year but I am definatly hooked. Been using a 7'1" long fun board to learn on but I definatly have the hang of it, atleast for a beginner! I might consider buying a short board this summer sometime! Of course that would help my problem a lot! :)

Back