Suspension Upgrades: What is worth the $ for

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I ordered my H&Rs and the KYB AGXs last night, but I was wondering something. The H&Rs say they lower the car 1.75 " front and 1.5" rear iirc. Will I have to get a camber adjustment kit or will I be okay without one?

That's borderline... I would still invest in a camber kit if you can afford it. Get one that allows you to adjust any amount, not just in steps. If you can't get the camber kit, just make absolutely sure your toe is in spec and you'll probably be ok.

I would actually go with the second one over the first one. Both are cheapo copy kits, but the first style copies the Ingalls setup (which is good), but all the imitations of the Ingalls tend to crack and break where the stress is the greatest (between the A arm mount hole and the bolt). The second kit looks like the Progress kit which is also excellent- but it's a much beefier piece of metal and tends to hold up better under serious abuse.

See if you can get a Progress, Skunk2 or Omnipower front camber kit, then try to use washers in the rear if you want to be super cheap.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by confusatron+Sep 8 2005, 01:18 AM-->
@Sep 8 2005, 01:16 AM
Yes, it's all worth it.... and they will all improve ride and handling in just about every aspect- but it all depends on what YOU call an "improvement".  The better way to phrase a question would be to lay out what your goal/target for the car is in terms of handling, and what your budget is for suspension modification.
<div align="right">[post=551242]Quoted post[/post]</div>

id like a smoother, less clunky ride, with firm handling and good cornering, especially in the rear
<div align="right">[post=551244]Quoted post[/post]</div>

KYB AGX struts with H&R Springs = :drool:

AGX's are cheeply priced and they ride well, not to mention the 5way adjustablility on the front and 8way rear's.

Thats the setup Im going with :)

Back