Swap Into 93' Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steve_s

Ok everyone, im a newb here so be easy. :)

I have a stock 93' Civic Coupe. I want to do a swap into it. Possibly a b16a or b18c. What do you recommend.

How hard is a swap to do, what are the required tools for it? Do I need an engine hoist? Do you suggest I take it to a shop to be done?

I have some mechanical experience but nothing great.

Your input would be very appreciated.

if you have the money you should go b18c. this swap will be pretty straight forward. and the amount of wiring you have to do will depend on the trim level of your car. you'll need metric sockets and wrenches ranging from 8mm-19mm, then a 32mm deep well to break the axle nutts loose. its really not that hard. do some reasearch and plan ahead before you jump into a project this big.

Ok, any places you suggest I research?

So let me get this straight, do I need a hoist or dont I?

you can find out pretty much all you will need to know here :)
yes you will need an engine hoist (there are other ways but theyre kinda hack)
swapping engines in a honda is pretty easy... get a shop manual and you should have no problems...

but definatly plan ahead and do the research ... it will save you time and money in the end

you need a hoist unless you have access to a car lift. use the search option on this site and places like google. read about other peoples swaps, etc and when you get some specific questions you can ask the guys here. they are very knowledgeable and willing to help. if youre looking for something step by step, you should look into getting a helms or other brand manual.

Yea I ordered my helms yesterday.

Does it tell you step by step how to do a swap or is it just in sections? Not swap spacific?

What is the trim level of the car? (DX, EX, etc.) What is your budget? To get a b-series into the car you need a mount kit (or use teg OEM mounts), complete swap (motor, tranny, ecu, wiring, and sometimes axles comes, if not, get some). If you dont have VTEC now, you will have to run the wires for it.

b16sir 2 are around 2250 or so.

b18c1 are around 3100 or so.

Search around here for places to shop. :)

b18c if you have the money, replace water pump and timing belt and plugs and wires too before install.

Originally posted by steve_s@Feb 5 2003, 05:53 AM
Yea I ordered my helms yesterday.

Does it tell you step by step how to do a swap or is it just in sections? Not swap spacific?

The helms isn't going to tell you how to do a "swap" but instead give you reference to what your doing.It is best to have one for the motor (manual for the car the motor came from) and one for the car to be thourgh,that way you have specifics on both if one is giving you grief.

Back