swapping a 93 teg into a 89 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amazingeric

actually i kno its possible to do this but my question is just out of curiosity and ur knowledge based on honda motor swaps...i was thinking bout doin this for a couple of months now...ive saved up money...and am about to by the engine in a month or two...but here it is...im not too experienced in auto mechanics, but im a quick learner and ive been researching, reading books, look at sites(like this one), and i feel im almost prepared ive learned pretty much every part of the engine...i have the chilton honda civic/crx repair manual also...do u think me and like 1 or 2 other friends with some knowledge on it will be able to do it without messing anything up...or if not... is there anyone in the new jersey area willing to come over and help out? lol *crosses fingers and prays*

:thumbsup: go for it that is the only way you will learn!! You will get it it is not to difficult of a swap. good luck keep us posted!!

First thing, Wire the car for OBD-0. I hope you are familiar with this term, OBD. If not, it's the system that controls the engines functions. Thuis On Board Diagnositic-0. To do this, If the CRX is an SI the harness should be able to be used directly with the motor. You may have to lengthen some things. You need to find a B18A1 LS Distributor from a 90-91 Integra (if you choose to stay OBD-0), be sure to use the correct ECU (for OBD-0 its a PR4 from a 90-91 Integra, I have an extra one, if you are interested, or need it, $35 shipped). I hope the use of OBD facts didnt scare you away from this swap, its rather easy. Just stay hte same OBD as your car is and the swap will be all that much more simple. If you have questions, I am always up for TECH PM's unlike some others on this site. PM me any questions, I put a 93 LS motor in my 90 integra, same principle just it was an Integra, which meant I didnt have to buy the mounts you'll need or shift linkages you'll need. I just simply kept hte original ECU in and used my 90 LS engine harness (for you, you'll use your SI harness) and I was done.

Good Luck.

Brian

The Integra b16 engine im gonna get

so help me out here...im gonna swap this engine into me 89 crx si...anyone can give me some tips on what ill need besides that and some engine mounts that im gettin from HASPORTS and could u ya gimme some hints or tricks on what ill have to do...on a level of diff. how hard is it to pull off?

That engine is OBD-1. You need to convert the engine either to 0 or convert the car to 1. To convert the engine over, you have to get a B16 OBD-0 ECU, and Distributor. You can get those from Hmotorsonline.com. To convert the car ove ryou need an in car wire harness from the ECU to the Fuse box then out to he engine. I have the car harness if you need it. It's from a 93 Ls Integra. You need to run VTEC wiring. Level of difficulty, for your first swap, it's goin to be hard. Im gonna say like an 8 ona scale from 1-10.

I will look around for you and help you out some, as much as I can, I will. Later

BRian

JUST CURIOUS, SORRY TO BUTT IN, WHATS THE POSSIBLE QUARTER MILE TIME,
WITH THE B18A, AND THE BASIC BOLT ONS THAT GO ALONG, SORRY TO BOTHER

Since it's going in a CRX Si, you will need custom shift linkages. You can get those from HaSport as well. If you are wanting to retain AC you will need to purchase the custom mount from HaSport as well and as for PS you will need to have a bracket made. Other than this, you wont need anything else, I dont think.

MAN LIKE I SAID SORRY, BUT IT DOES RELATE TO IS TOPIC, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ENOUGH ABOUT THIS SUBJECT THEY COULD LAND A HAND WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE, ILL PIMP YO ASS OUT, WHORE!!!!, HONESTLY NO DIRESPECT,

You'll pimp my ass out, uh? Im gonna take a stab at your question. Im going to say with a good driver you could possible break the 14's. High 14's depending on Elevation, Octane of your Gas, your ability to drive the car.

Again, people here on Hondaswap cant exactly tell you what you will ruun in the 1/4 or even the 1/8 becuase there are so many factors that can change hte outcome. Ask anyone, anyone on this site. BillBobVTEC may run a 13.9 with the same exact swap as you mentioned, you however, may not even break 15.5's becuase of elevation or your Power/Weight ratio may be different. There are so many variables in determining a 1/4 time that we can't efficiently do it.

Save me the trouble and just go to the track and find out. Posting such crap on Hondaswap.com will only get you flamed.

where in NJ do u live? PM me if you want. I live in NJ. I could help u if ur relativly close.

alright then so i wont need to rig anything up besides the shift linkages and mounts...im def goin with that engine....thanx again man :worthy:

Originally posted by Vtec=V8 killa@Mar 22 2004, 06:03 PM
JUST CURIOUS, SORRY TO BUTT IN, WHATS THE POSSIBLE QUARTER MILE TIME,
WITH THE B18A, AND THE BASIC BOLT ONS THAT GO ALONG, SORRY TO BOTHER

This does not belong in this topic, start your own.

Back