test pipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
You won't be able to feel a difference. If you see a power increase it will be something like 1-2hp. Just get a high flo.

I didn't really feel a power difference between my Random Tech and my test pipe... so the test pipe came off as soon as the Random Tech came back from warranty repair. I don't like the sound with the test pipe.

for teh street its not worth it, track is a whole different story. but loud as all hell usually, depending on what exhaust u are using. and let alone the fine if u get caught, in CA its a BIIIG boy fine. but if u want it the size 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 depends on the rest of ur set up. u have a 2.5 collector? size of ur exhaust?

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 17 2002, 10:41 PM
I didn't really feel a power difference between my Random Tech and my test pipe... so the test pipe came off as soon as the Random Tech came back from warranty repair. I don't like the sound with the test pipe.

How do you like the RT cat? Sound diffs? Have you dyno'd it w/ and without?

With and without the RT it showed up almost the same on the dyno- but I wasn't tuning the day I took a power reading on it... we were just making sure the engine was healthy. I think I was fueling a bit extra at that point, so I probably just regained some power with it that I had tuned out on the VAFC due to crappy Oklahoma gas. It doesn't feel any more powerful, but it does sound a tad bit raspier.

They sell 93 there? All I could ever find was 91...

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 18 2002, 10:34 AM
They sell 93 there? All I could ever find was 91...

Yea, just have to find a nice gas station in a decently big city. Here, they have 93 at most of the stations that aren't in the ghetto. Those pumps probably all water. In Tulsa and OKC and i'm sure other bigger places they sell bigger then 93. Acouple places has racing gas and N2O.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 18 2002, 10:43 AM
Wow. Just not in Duncan or any place I drove in OKC and Tulsa then...

Yea, gotta find the stations that have it. There are commercials here for a station with n2o and racing fuels. Goto the airport and stick jet fuel in it. A friend and i did that to his grandpa's truck and blew the carb off the manifold. I guess it didn't like the 110 octane in it. :D

If you lower your back pressure to much aka test pipe and a low restriction exhaust you will start to lose low end Tq so it's not worth it for the little bit of top end HP you gain

Originally posted by chevy302dz@Dec 21 2002, 04:17 AM
If you lower your back pressure to much aka test pipe and a low restriction exhaust you will start to lose low end Tq so it's not worth it for the little bit of top end HP you gain

Welcome to HondaSwap.

Honda != low end.

So a test pipe wont hurt anything that isn't there. Honda's make all of their power mid-top.

A test pipe isn't worth it IMO, b/c we all want to breath! Racing cat will be almost, if not as good.

Back