the evil empire, holy crap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

within 6 months there will be 5 walmart supercenters and 3 sams clubs within 15 minutes of my house

It's popular in the southeast because it was founded in Arkansas.

walmart-evil.jpg

goddammit.... watching that makes me fucking sick

Hell there is 3 in Fort wayne here, I remember seeing 4 or 5 in St Louis just on the northern end and into St Charles County.

Its popular because it has cheap products.

but still, why do they need so many and so many in the south east at that?
youd think theyd distribute evenly instead of 10 in every town in one spot and only one in every other town on the other side of the country.

Wal mart, the evil empire, blah blah blah.. They only got big because they do things right business wise.

They pay their employees shitty pay, and the employees just accept this. They do not allow unions.

The stores are always clean and well stocked. This was the demise of K-mart. Same shit pretty much, different store, but K-mart didn't front their shelves and was usually very messy. People don't want to walk around and look at messy shit.

Wal-mart is big enough to control their vendors prices, vs the vendors controlling their own. Wal mart pays what they want, or they pull your shit off their shelves. Now, when you are a company such as Pepsi, that is billions of dollars a year lost, so they don't dare piss of wal-mart. I've seen this first hand. Also, their profit margins per item are actually incredibly slim. They don't try to make all their money on each purchse, but only a few cents per item. Literally. They make like 12 cents profit when they sell a 12 pack of pepsi. They rely on mass selling to keep thier prices low, and it works.

What is scary is, although they are one of the best places to shop for household items and food, they are pushing out many of the smaller stores, mom and pop shops, etc.. And one day, they will be able to charge pretty much whatever the hell they want, because the competition will be wiped out.

And what the hell is this about the northern chinese military owning wal mart? this is news to me.

i kinda figured about the small profit margin thing..
thats the smart way to do it..
some companies a re just stupid, they add taxes that arent even there.

but still, why do they need so many and so many in the south east at that?
youd think theyd distribute evenly instead of 10 in every town in one spot and only one in every other town on the other side of the country.

The dots are just individual stores. The map is deceiving at best. Just cause it looks like there are 10 in each down doesn't mean there are. There could be 3-4 dots next to each other when they are more than 30-50 miles apart. Thats enough for two Walmarts to still be profitable.

I don't know about you, but I won't even drive the 5 minutes north to go to Walmart when there is one just down the road, let alone another 30-50 miles. It obviously works.

The dots are just individual stores. The map is deceiving at best. Just cause it looks like there are 10 in each down doesn't mean there are. There could be 3-4 dots next to each other when they are more than 30-50 miles apart. Thats enough for two Walmarts to still be profitable.

I don't know about you, but I won't even drive the 5 minutes north to go to Walmart when there is one just down the road, let alone another 30-50 miles. It obviously works.

i know, i was exaggerating.
but if there was one five minutes away and not one right down the road, would you drive the five minutes?

Back