The nightmare

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

Well I've been on and off for a few years here. In this time I've modded my eninge then proceeded to ruin it right away to using a old ls eninge I had laying around. Then ditched the car that was a fun night kind of. Its taking me a little longer then i wanted. Ive been helping a friend with a swap rx8. I do not suggest anyone ever do it EVER.....just dont. Any way thought I'd give a little tease of what's going on so here's a couple pics it's nothing special but it's something I enjoyed doing. My plan is to have it in and at least started by tomorrow night and I'll get the good ol first start vid for you guys.

Attachments

• 20150321_063055.jpg
    20150321_063055.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 20150627_180527.jpg
    20150627_180527.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 291
Well i got the engine in and started to wire up some stuff. found out I lost my resistor box when I went in the ditch so have to find one of those. And I have to figure out the throttle cable with pedal to the floor the itbs only open half way. Then vacuum system yada yada. Pretty busy week ahead of me I'll get something done next week hers a pic sorry it's so dark and my bad is pretty tacky right now but whatever haha

Attachments

• 20150629_004550.jpg
    20150629_004550.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 277
Hope everyone had a good 4th. I finally got around to hooking everything up and then boom no gas no spark. A whole lot of nothing... checked grounds fuses blah blah the usal things. Changed out the ecu and dizzy bad to obd0 just to see if she would start. Got spark and fuel to the rail but injectors are not opening had it kick over for a few seconds with starter fluid. So maybe my obd1 ecu is bad? Could it be the demon board not functioning? I'm open to suggestions. Other then that there's my update

other than what you mentioned above, check the timing. check the battery too. start with all the easy shit.

Mechanical timing is good as for ignition timing can't keep it running long enoug to check. I did tweek the dizzy back and forth didn't seem to make a difference.

So I checked the resistance on my obd0 injectors and there a little over 6ohm and from what I read is that it should be about 3. Is that correct? I get 12 volts to the injector clip. I super cleaned the thermostat ground, tryd 3 ecu, checked wiring again. I'm really at a loss I do have a set of obd1 injectors that I can try but didn't really want to cut my harness up to get the resistor box wires together. I'm still open to any ideas thnx

It was my ecu fuse had a very fine crack on the inside. I do have a new question. I had the engine pretty well whooped up before but the timing belt kept slipping. Today I noticed that on intake side of the cam my water pump seems to be pushing the belt pretty far out I will post a pic in a couple hours. The water pump is a new gates.

Back