The Official College Football Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, you have to love that super high ranked defense that USC has huh?

:werd: and seeing how texas is the top rated team for points per game.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: and seeing how texas is the top rated team for points per game.

WRONG

Texas hold a slight (less then 3 pnts per game) advantage agianst USC in PPR. There is less then 10yrds/game difference in rushing. The stand out stats when comparring these teams are.

TEXAS has five more turnovers then USC and USC is amazing at making you cought it up when you don't want too

good old Matt L adverages 70 more yards in the air per game then vince young. Yes Vince Young can run the ball, but agian the difference in USC and Texas rushing yards per game is negligible. Texas WILL Lose

The Irish and Ohio state is going to be a great game. Can't wait.

And USC > Texas, without a doubt. Way more talent. Even though Texas has a better "all around team," they can't stop Bush. I am going to root for Texas to win, cause the bullshit USC win over ND, but I still don't see that happening.

the Irish got USC on the worst day they'd had in three years and still couldn't beat them. Oregon State came as close as the Irish did last year. BTW, didn't you guys lose to Oregon State in the Las Vegas bowl last year?

Agreed, USC played pretty shitty. They've had quite a few shitty games this season, but the opposing team just couldn't capatalize on their mistakes. Maybe if USC actually played anyone worthy of a football team, they wouldn't be where they are. ND came pretty damn close, down to the last play. BTW, where they spotted the ball wrong and Bush gave Leinhart forward progress in by pushing him in the endzone. But whatever, its all good. It was a great game.

Anyways, yeah ND were lost the Vegas bowl last year, but this year they are a completely different team.

I'm sad to admit that I was one of the extremely disappointed UCLA fans at the Coliseum Saturday. I had a great time.....until about 5 minutes into the game. Then it went downhill....fast. I was also really physced up and I believed we could be the ones take down USC. Too bad we blew it and rolled over. Now I'm rooting for <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">anybody but USC !!!!</span>

P.S. USC people are JERKS!!!! Besides the fact that everybody is a bandwagon fan that only likes them because they win, at the game this ~40 year old was pushing me and when i pushed back a little he called me a bitch!

Quoted post[/post]]
Besides the fact that everybody is a bandwagon fan that only likes them because they win
whoa, sounds like someone is still bitter from that fucking blow out. I've been an SC fan all my fucking life. So I could say that you're a bandwagon UCLA fan once they start winning again? Give me a fucking break.

I used to run pick up basketball games at Cerritos College when I was in the 9th grade with Ed and Charles O'Bannon. Do you know who they were? If you are infact a UCLA fan you should know. They used to give me all kinds of shit because I liked USC. and yes, they did practice at Cerritos even tho they went to UCLA. I forget why tho. Charles was always there when I went while Ed was there only half the time.

bet you're wondering why I told you that story lol it's only because it goes to show you that there are actually SC fans out there, don't discredit everyone just because UCLA choked last saturday.

You can't really expect me to say good things about USC. I think actually ATTENDING UCLA gives me the right to say I'm a true Bruin fan. I am sure very few of the near 100,000 people at the Coliseum ever attended USC.

And I am bitter about the blowout. I'll admit it. Just wait til basketball season comes around...

Quoted post[/post]]
You can't really expect me to say good things about USC. I think actually ATTENDING UCLA gives me the right to say I'm a true Bruin fan. I am sure very few of the near 100,000 people at the Coliseum ever attended USC.

And I am bitter about the blowout. I'll admit it. Just wait til basketball season comes around...
well all I was saying was don't discredit people who are actually fans.
You also never know about people attending the schools. I knew a bunch of people, including one of my cousin's, who had to leave UCLA and go to Long Beach State because they simply couldn't afford UCLA even with financial aid and/or grants.

but yeah, seeing as how i've played basketball with those previous UCLA Bruins that I mentioned earlier, UCLA's B-Ball team is far superior than USC's... although USC's B-Ball team will suprise some people this coming season. You just wait and see.

All I got to say is that I know the Orgeon fans are pissed they got jipped, but it's not ND's fault so quit hatin'. If you want to blame anybody, blame FL state (or rather V-Tech for playing shitty). FL got lucky and beat out #3 VA Tech and got an automatic bid b/c of their ACC championship. Number 22 playin in the ORANGE BOWL? WTF? Gimme a fucking break.

Yeah, so don't hate.. That is all.

the only problem with that Dveit is that ND gets an automatics BCS bowl berth if it's ranked between 3-6, no other team in the NCAA gets such treatment, everyone else must win a conference to get an automatic bowl. Oregon was ranked from 3rd-6th in tha nation, even had a better record with a harder schedule, and they get to play #23 OK. FSU and Oregon should have traded, it makes much better since from a who's playing who standpoint

it should have been:

usc/tex
penn state/ohio state
oregon/notre dame
and
georgia/miami

1/2
3/4
5/6
7/8

but Nooo... BCS is fucking wack...

Back