thinking about selling the M

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

old f150s are a dime a dozen could prolly pick one up cash

Used S4, used s60, used acura tl type s, or used accord v6 would be near the top of my list.

I've given a ton of thought as to what type of car would make me happy within the next year or so and these have all come up on my list.

Doesn't your father own a truck? What would be the point of having an extra car/truck to care for, maintain, and pay insurance on when you would rarely use it and you would hate driving it? You can always borrow a friends or pay to have the mower delivered. Sure it would be more convenient to have a truck laying around, but in life we pay dearly for conveniences. When you're tight on money, its certainly a less than optimal time to splurge on items purely for convenience sake.

Price$650 Body StyleTruckMileage168,000Exterior ColorBurgundyInterior ColorGrayEngine6 Cylinder GasolineTransmissionManualDrive Type2 wheel drive - rearFuel TypeGasolineDoorsTwo DoorVIN1FTDF15Y6PNB28468
Seller's Comments
1993 F150, original owner The Good: New clutch and clutch assembly. New drive shaft universals. Fairly new starter, alternator and battery. Brakes good,brake lines replaced 3 years ago. Tires OK. The Bad: Needs front suspension work, shock towers rusted and broken on the driver's side. Selling truck as is, $650 or BO.
Installed Features
  • Anti-Lock Brakes
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Power Steering
there you go $650 plus some suspension work and you have a beater truck

first_shot_beverly_hillbillies.jpg

I've brought home a clothes dryer in the back of my leggy...it fit perfect...

and I haul about 15 pavers a day for the walkway I'm building...and they weigh 26 lbs each from Lowes.

Sell it, sell the house, sell the condo, move into mom's basement and drive a clean CRX Si.

Stuff your savings accounts, put shitloads of money into various mutual funds, and don't spend a freakin dime on anything. On your salary (a guess) You could retire in 5 years.

Sell it, sell the house, sell the condo, move into mom's basement and drive a clean CRX Si.

Stuff your savings accounts, put shitloads of money into various mutual funds, and don't spend a freakin dime on anything. On your salary (a guess) You could retire in 5 years.

He would need literally millions of dollars to retire. Figure the average person that retires at 65 will need far more than a million dollars and thats assuming no chronic or major illnesses.

To retire before 30, you would need millions in the bank.

With that said, we know that he's not going to call off the purchase of the house and he clearly does not want to sacrifice his comfort of living.

A clean S4 with all its major maintenance performed, Volvo S60r/S40 t5, Accord V6 or Acura TL Type-S should all run without problems for at least a few years. When that time rolls around, B will probably be married and have a second income to help pay for the house and his standards of living will have completely changed from what they are presently.

Any FWD or AWD car with snow tires should be able to handle the winter duties, combine that with a car that has a bunch of amenities like leather and whatever other options that the ///M3 had that were appealing and a decent power band and B should be moderately happy.

Over the years, we've all seen that its an impossibility to completely satisfy B.

i just got back home from picking it up at the dealer.

and i fell in love with it all over again.

4 days without it, and it gave me wood carving corners marked 30 at 85 at the top of 3rd down rte 109 without even trying. :D god this car is a dream :(

i don't know wtf i'm going to do.... i've got a few months to figure shit out.

the g/f has been wanting to get a moron-o, so, i might buy her a4 off her....

She wants a Murano? Why are you dating her again? j/k. I hate those things. The new Highlander is neat. So is the Pilot. I just can't get over the styling of the Murano.

I like the Murano's. I drove one from here to Phoenix, it was nice! Almost drives like its a car.

Back