THIS is an engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

102 RPM was as high as they've taken it according to the bragging rights HP page on the site...

did anyone notice the built in ladders in the block...

rta96c_crank12.jpg

That is so bad ass. I am going build one of thoses.

He has 5,608,212 lb/ft more trq then me.

I wonder what octane they use. Compression ratio, rod ratio (75.3 yards maybe?), thats sick. A bottle of nos would probably be ineffective in such a huge combustion chamber.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Jun 26 2003, 11:24 AM
I wonder what octane they use. Compression ratio, rod ratio (75.3 yards maybe?), thats sick. A bottle of nos would probably be ineffective in such a huge combustion chamber.

thats why you get a bigger bottle :)

forget a bottle..u gonna need one of those tractor trailor tanker trucks that they use to carry gasoline, to use as the nitrous "bottle"

i want to see the engine dyno, or whatever device they used to measure the hp/tq

plus, where's the transmission :) haha

Originally posted by daveLafleur@Jun 26 2003, 11:55 AM
octane???It's a diesel. And you would wanna spray propane.

you can spray nitrous on a diesel also

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 26 2003, 11:37 AM
forget a bottle..u gonna need one of those tractor trailor tanker trucks that they use to carry gasoline, to use as the nitrous "bottle"

No no... TWO tanker trucks... and I need 'em by tonight!

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 26 2003, 11:49 AM
i want to see the engine dyno, or whatever device they used to measure the hp/tq

plus, where's the transmission :) haha

They probably used a calculator to measure it. :lol:

I doubt there's a transmission if it only turns 102rpm... well not as we know it. I'll bet it's in overdrive all the time, spinning a prop at over 100rpm.

yeah but what about when they come up to a buoy and see another tanker chillen there, you know the captain is goign to say full steam ahead, he needs at least 7 gears f&f style to pull off the 1320 nautical mile track in under 24 hours!!!!

calculator schmaculator, i want to see that bish on a dyno :)

DAMN! That is a big ass engine. Maybe it will fit in my CRX?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 26 2003, 12:05 PM
imagine a big ass turbo on that bitch. think of the power increase :blink:

it is turbocharged .... look at the page again

Back