This nut is a pain to get off..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna cut this end of this bar with cement on it off and use that.
its longer than 3 feet!
:]

before..
0_IMAGE_00224.jpg

after..
0_IMAGE_00225.jpg

ima use this shit to try to break that sucka!

If that doesn't work. Just take the knuckle and the axle out and take it to a shop to have them blast off the nut for next to nothing. They could do it while you wait a minute.

so i can take the axle out by just leaving the knuckle attached to the axle?
thats what ive been asking this whole time!
i just need to get the axle out of the transmission..
the nut itself is insignificant.

Yea just take knuckel and axle out and if your that short on money just put the axle back in connected with the knuckel.

that makes sense..
i dont know why the guy that was helping me didnt think of that!

im pretty sure i asked him if that would work and he said no..

haha, Yea but its a lot easier to get axles in and out when you can get that nut off. More time consuming. Just make sure you dont pull on the axle or extend it. That might mess it up. Just use pry bar at the trans and then wiggle out without no over extending.

ps. haha i just had to laugh at my own post

Last edited:
we tried that already.
is there a way to just take the axle out completely?
like unbolt something and take it out with it still attached to the disc?

Well you'll have to take all the balljoints off the knuckle and the brake caliper. Then remove knuckle/rotor/axle out all as one. Just watch the axle when removing

Yea, that and over extending the axle from the boots.

ok well unbolt everything from your knuckle. start to pull axle/knuckle/rotor out and once you get your 3 inches or so use a bucket to rest the axle/knuckle/rotor. Take your trans out and then reverse the process.

dude... that fence post is weak ass metal... lemme guess. it bent/broke?

no, it didnt bend or break.

and like i said before, the jack i have has a handle thats only about 1/4 across, and it has a little pole that goes across the inside anyway, so even if i got a breaker bar that tiny, it wouldnt fit.

aww thats too bad. my crapsman (craftsman) handle is about an inch across.

well have fun taking the whole knuckle off! and again, be careful not to seperate the cv :)

just because of that, im probably gonna just chisel it off and buy a new nut.

i cant make up my mind.
ima make a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back