Three Mount Kit ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pdqcrx

Putting a b18 in a CRX. The HCP kit came with only three mounts. Another guy told me that you don't use the side trans mount under the radiator anymore. Just wondering if the engine and the car both had four mounts from the factory don't they both need four now! Or is it where the new mounts are more solid that it can do without the one. The kit talks about moving the front crossmember but thats major construction and the a arms are attached to it.

Aftermarket kits have stiffer inserts than the stock mounts,and can hold the motor with only three,but I would still leave the bottom two torque mounts on for good measure.

hcp sells a performance mount for the radiator side of the tranny but is not required for the install.

Place racing sells a front crossmember that is smaller and has a front mount meant for this engine swap, but place racing mounts blow so i dont know about the quality of this crossmember they have,.

The mount is directed towards people that plan on putting a 4-1 header or turbo, because u will have tons of more room. it also has a place on the crossmember so u can put a 92-5 civic radiator in there and u will have tons of room. im not sure if ur interested or not, but this will resolve ur front mount problems and u will have tons of more room. check it out at the bottom of the page

HAsport > Place

Hasport has better mounts,insert,fitment,R&D,just about everything.Not to mention I talked to Place one time and they told me you HAD to have a mount kit to get a B series in a 5th gen, :bs: where as HAsport talked me out of replacing my stock mounts,because I didn't need them,so HAsport gets my vote all the way around.

Thanks for the help guys. I think the hasports would be better but I'm just swapping not buying or owning. Chris has already bought these mounts (HCP) so nothing to do but use them. I'll go with three its stock anyway. If its like the last one it will not take him long to blow it anyway. I'll probably return with more stupid questions so stay tuned. :worthy:

Back