Time to put the foot down

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cool atleast you didnt get raped

well install time didn't go as smoothly as I planned unfortinetly. I bought a used RS integra header and for some reason, I can not get the header on with using the bottom bracket that holds the header on (right past intermediate shaft and has two bolts) I can get it fine without putting the holder through that, but If I do it the right way, it just doesn't work. I was getting real pissed off, so as of right now, its not on.

My old is exhaust was being a bitch to get off. When I put it on, I had the sway bar on and I was able to place it under the swaybar, and off through the dropped LCA. Well not this time. I first fought with it for 30 minutes or so trying to manover it without having to take my swaybar almost completely off. Well, I ended up doing it. Loosen up the d brackets on the one side and took them off on the exhaust side almost all off. Worked, exhaust droped right out. Now I put the suspenson back together. I go to put my sway bar on, and turns out, the POS beaks kit, one of the holes was stripped of its threads. Damnit. Now tommrow (before work at 2) I have to go to home depot and just replace the entire rear bracket for some nuts and washers.

So I decided to work on. Put the axle back section of the exhaust on. Fits perfectly. next section, great. The resonator pipe, goes on, and I notice its rubbing on my shift linkage really bad. Fuck. Then I read the little RSR plate on the pipeing and I see that its upside down. Flip it the right way, and there is TONS of room. My bad there. The overall quality of the exhaust looks top notch. Bends are perfect. The diameter of the exhaust is rather large for being a quiet exhaust (2.36in or 60 mm) Tip is a little large for my taste but whatever.

I am using a non GSR header, and a civic cat. The old civic cat had a flang from an old exhaust that I just cut off since the bolts were so rusted. So I try and take the bolts off, and no luck. Hit it with a trouch and a BFH, gets off fine, but those were the cat studds. Now I have to go to home depot tommrow and pick up some bolts. Hopefully they have some good weather resistant ones. zinc ones suck.

So hopefully tommrow I can fix the swaybar and get this exhaust going.

Back