Timing Belt Change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Killt

Need to know how to remove the bolt that holds on the Crank Drivebelt Pulley (Harmonic Balancer). AN 1/2 impact wont break it loose. I tried a large breaker bar jammed up on the engine mount , put the car in gear and draged it and the tires just skid any ideas? Its a Civic

You can get a crank pulley tool from Honda, Snap-On, or some companies online if you can wait. Otherwise, take it to Honda, have them crank it, then tighten it again, drive home and remove it yourself.

Honda Special Tool #9356-03 made by Snap-On. Or Honda Master Tech Tool Series SF15-T135 part number SF15-0014. This is a special wrench use to open it.

Those look like the ones. Makes life infinitely easier. An impact gun won't always do it, unless you've got a hella-nice gun and compressor.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 10 2003, 10:01 AM
Those look like the ones. Makes life infinitely easier. An impact gun won't always do it, unless you've got a hella-nice gun and compressor.

when i had to get my harmonic balancer off my civicthis is what i did...i took off the plate that covers the flywheel from underneath the car (duh) and stuck a screwdriver in it so it wouldn't move...so i held it there and had my girlfriend break the bolt loose...that's how i got mine off

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Apr 11 2003, 12:14 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Apr 10 2003, 10:01 AM

when i had to get my harmonic balancer off my civicthis is what i did...i took off the plate that covers the flywheel from underneath the car (duh) and stuck a screwdriver in it so it wouldn't move...so i held it there and had my girlfriend break the bolt loose...that's how i got mine off

That's how I did it when I had my H22A out of my car, pre-swap. The crank pulley tool doesn't do you any good then. :D

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Apr 14 2003, 10:14 AM
you turn it counterclock wise.

WTF? I think we have established which way tightens and which way loosens.

Air tools are your best friend, I got some Craftsman for 279.99 it came with a 3/8 ratchet/impact wrench.

Back