to buy or not to buy....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Jeef+Jun 2 2005, 06:55 PM-->
Save the money and put it towards getting out of your parent's basement.
[post=506977]Quoted post[/post]​

1000 < 200,000.

it will take me 200 months to save for a house.
or 1 week for some seats for the race car.

fact is, buying a house right now is shitty. the market blows. i'd just be makcing a crappy investment. i'm going to wait it out a littlw while longer. things seem to have plateaued. if it goes up, im waiting again.
if it goes down, im waitng to see HOW far down it goes.
till then, im rocking the rents basement. i really don't mind it. im never home anyway.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 2 2005, 08:11 PM
Threadjack in progress....

BTW...I just bought these.... Cant wait to get them, and freshen up the Z a little... :ph34r:

Threadjack completed.... :lol:
[post=506998]Quoted post[/post]​

that link says "SCAM ALERT" did you link it right??? or are you fucked???

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 2 2005, 09:02 PM
i like the "your own pad" idea too... But we all know your not doing that...

I do know i remember seeing those seats somewhere else for like 1-200 cheaper than that price though...

yeah, its not set in stone. plus, that was free shipping, so of course the price of the seat is inflated to cover that. paying 200 bucks for shipping on a pair of seats when they are 100 less a seat works out to be the same anyway...

What about teg seats?
[post=507026]Quoted post[/post]​

worthless as the stock civic seats IMO. frankly, the corbeaus are at the bottom of the list as far as what i want. i'm starting to lean more towards the kirkey seat and having neonmike weld it in place for me.

Originally posted by HollowJDM@Jun 2 2005, 09:15 PM
the incredibly bad ass Integra type R seats, the Recaro ones...oooo...sexy seats...
[post=507034]Quoted post[/post]​

$1300 bucks for shit that is usally dirty, and aren't even a race seat either.

this is NOT my daily driver. it sees maybe 1000 miles a year now that i have the sit.. long trip? its not going to happen. it would be towed instead. its one step from being de-registered, caged, and trailered to events.

just need a truck and a trailer :p or maybe the sti can tow it... it says its good for 3000 lbs hatch = 2200. now, to find an 800 lb trailer that can cold 2200 lbs... lol

Originally posted by Sofa King Slow@Jun 2 2005, 09:39 PM
B-
I'm a 38, and I fell in love the first time I sat in the front seat of a 91 Prelude. They hold my hips ribs and shoulders just right. SO I went to the local yard, pulled a set, had them reupholstered and put them in my hatch.
[post=507046]Quoted post[/post]​

asme deal as the teg seats... not what im looking for. thanks for the pointer though...
Calesta
@Jun 2 2005, 11:34 PM
B-

The TRS is one inch narrower in the shoulders than the CR1, and one inch wider in the "kidney bolsters" that hold your belly section in. They're rated for a 36 inch waist, so you can slide in there without any problems. It might be worth a look.
[post=507119]Quoted post[/post]​

my shoulders are wider than my waist is. in fact, my wasit fit fine in e's seat... i just couldn't sit back all the way due to the shoulders getting in the way. my chest is 48" i think... i wear an 18-18 1/2 dress shirt. and they are tight on my neck still, but baggy else where.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Jun 2 2005, 10:41 PM-->
Airjockie
@Jun 2 2005, 05:11 PM
Threadjack in progress....

BTW...I just bought these.... Cant wait to get them, and freshen up the Z a little... :ph34r:

Threadjack completed.... :lol:
[post=506998]Quoted post[/post]​

Your ad is dead!
[post=507122]Quoted post[/post]​

Bad...the guy pulled the ad after I paid...

but they were just two corbeau Forza's in black vinly and two Scroth harness's, and the sliders for the 240Z's...

For only like $520 shipped to me

Stop fuckin' around and get this...

pro_racer_SPG.jpg

*cough*$2700 carbon fiber shell *cough*

There is the Pole Position...

race_pp_Perlon_Velours_schwarz.jpg

MSPR of $599 :)

Personally, I would go with your first choice, Corbeaus are bad ass, and for the price hard to beat. Though if it is a track only car, or will be, than IMO you'd be doing better to spend a little more on one good seat for you, and if you happen to have a passenger, they can tolerate a stocker.

Back