Tookie Williams Night Night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

meh, problem solved.
And its fine that you can say all lives are not worth the same, but you are not substantiating your claim. And apperantly you not only have the power of judging people's lives, but you can see into their past. You should totally drop everything and go into the psychic business. you have a future there.

Quoted post[/post]]
meh, problem solved.
And its fine that you can say all lives are not worth the same, but you are not substantiating your claim. And apperantly you not only have the power of judging people's lives, but you can see into their past. You should totally drop everything and go into the psychic business. you have a future there.
every life is not worth the same. face it. tookie's gang banging life is not worth the same as say, albert eistein's. and you havent substantiated shit. you said, "its wrong". well, you got my vote with that pearl.

see into their past? i said
i bet that piece of shit did things that he never got caught for as well as the shit he died for.
unless you come up with something new besides "its wrong", or you have the ability to read minds and judge people, then shut the fuck up.

... I guess youve got a short memory span. In not going to bother restating it, but if you look, I gave three justifications using two schools of philosophy and one using cost oriented logic.
Do i still have to shut the fuck up?
thankyou drive through.

i have respect for human life. but when the people we put in power (judges) decide to condemn someone, they die. no one gave tookie the right to condemn anyone. remember i didnt condemn him, a judge did. im just seconding the motion. and i didnt want him dead because he killed my "homie". i want him dead because he took another life. i didnt have the right to do it, but the court did and took advantage.

and guy, i used philosophy and logic to disprove religions because what they stated about them where right. like i said, i take parts from everywhere to form my beliefs.

on a sidenote: heres my new desktop.
gallery_35984_225_12592.jpg

Worth
1 archaic : having monetary or material value
2 archaic : ESTIMABLE
- for all one is worth : to the fullest extent of one's value or ability

Value
7 : something (as a principle or quality) intrinsically valuable or desirable <sought material values instead of human values -- W. H. Jones>

I'd say he fell well outside the realm of value or worth. Contributions to society, last I checked, didn't include murder, drug dealing, criminal enterprise, etc...

SBT, you're so hardcore.

92b16vx, i think, as blanco pointed out, that being put up for the nobel peace prize shows that he posses some qualities that society could benefit from, and i wouldnt exactly say that rotting away in jail is terribly preferable to leathal injection. At the very least while spending the remainder of his life in prison, he could have done some work in helping with the gang problem.
The MW online dictionary is a bit limited, they want you to buy the real thing.
Worth
The quality that renders something desirable, useful, or valuable
Value:
Worth in usefulness or importance to the possessor; utility or merit

By the way this sentence:
i used philosophy and logic to disprove religions because what they stated about them where right
makes no sense at all. 'Sides, didnt i use real logic and real philosophy to show you that you have no clue to what logic and philosophy are? Does that mean that you were talking out of your ass?

OMFG, he decided after realizing he had nothing left in life to try doing some good...wow. Doesn't change what he did, and what he did is what he paid for.

And no, there was nothing could have done for the gang problem, one man in jail can't change society. He was not a role model, he was nothing to look up to.

People die everyday in this country because of his actions.

yeah, you guys even read up on why he was nominated?

imo way too many people on this site like to start arguements just for the sake of argueing.

a nobel prize nomination is all but meaningless

there are several thousand people around the world eligible to make nominations for the prize
every member of every national parliament and professors in certain disciplines are eligible to make nominations

and nominating someone is as easy as writing a nominating letter to the committee in Norway

meaning that anyone with a motive (Barbara Becnel), and anyone simpathetic to the cause (Mario Fehr, Philip Gasper, William Keach... all active in the campaign to end the death penalty), can get someone nominated for a nobel prize

anywhere between 100-150 people and orginizations are nominated every year... hell FIFA (yes the soccer association) was nominated in 2001 (the same year "Tookie" got his first nomination)

and most of the people who have come forward saying that they nominated "Tookie" have admitted that their main reason was to save his life, because they are against the death penalty and he was a high profile inmate

i think ill talk to some professors at some of the local colleges and see if i can get one of them to nominate me for a Nobel Prize for my articles on unsprung weight and rotational mass in the reference section

Quoted post[/post]]
By the way this sentence:
i used philosophy and logic to disprove religions because what they stated about them where right
makes no sense at all. 'Sides, didnt i use real logic and real philosophy to show you that you have no clue to what logic and philosophy are? Does that mean that you were talking out of your ass?
i realize that my wording wasnt right. philosophy and logic disprove religion, but i also dont completely believe in them. like i said, my believes are based on different parts of different religions, logic, and philosophy.

and tookie as a role model? if he started visiting schools like blanco suggested, you would have drive-bys and such at schools for a gang member that is now anti-gang and hurting recruitment. i know my fraternity would shut up someone who walked around campus, badmouthing TKE to the freshmen.

i wasnt implying letting him go, i meant like doc bus pulls up to school, he gets off, talks, gets back on, and bus leaves. and i understand your point, but he should have become anti-gang before he was on death row. then maybe i would be impressed and say not to kill him.

Back