Yeah so i got pulled over last night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
830ish PM last night...

yeah so im driving down RT 169 to get to my apartment. it goes from 45, to 35, to 25. now i KNOW the cops sit at each of the limit changes so im not going to run through there fast. anyways, after the 25mph limit sign there is an intersection, and a chicane. a very quick LEFT and RIGHT to get onto another road. the whole intersection is like a Y with an extra road coming into it. 169 continues straight, and the chicane takes you onto mechanic street. that same chicane, if you just go LEFT, puts you on randolph street. so to say, i take the corners to get from 169 to mechanic at just under the limit (ive taken it at 45 before, tires screeching :mrgreen:). low and behold teh mighty state troopAr!!!

so i see him staring at me going in the opposite direction. he spiiins the car around and starts to come after me. now, im about 1/8 mile from the next intersection (4way with a light) where i will make a left turn and then 20 feet later another left turn to my driveway which goes behind my building. 1/2way to the intersection i see him picking up speed, and a BIG dodge ram pulls up right behind me, effectively cutting off the trooper's point of view. the light at the intersection is red, i toss on my signal, and green it goes.

so i take the corner, and the dodge follows me. i keep the signal on and pull BEHIND MY HOUSE. turn off the car. the GF and i get out. the cop pulls into the driveway, blues on. speaker blaring LOUDLY "GET BACK IN THE CAR!!!" ok then.

get in the car, chillin. he walks up "license and registration". he didnt bother to look at the reg, just my license. i know this because i gave it to him upside down. he asks, "where were you coming from?" "millbury, we ate at TGI Fridays." "thats a long drive just for food, had anything to drink?" "no i havent, and i would gladly take a breathalizer at your wish."

seems he's getting pissed now. "do you know why i pulled you over?" "no clue. actually, i LIVE here." i placed alot of emphasis on LIVE. he looks at my license again. "no you dont. this says you live in charlton. i will be writing you up for this." i say.... "officer, flip it over." he does. "oh."

so he proceeds to go over the mirage with his very bright light. 10 minutes later... "this car is illegal." "really? i would like to know why." "your headlights were too bright, im going to assume you had your high beams on" "i dont think so. they are sylvania silverstars, and i KNOW they are DOT approved for this state." "why do you have two different types of wheels?" "i was hit by a WRX duting a snowstorm and that sent me into a curb. if you want to look it up you you can find that out." "your car is lowered." "its within regulation, and i have paperwork upstairs to prove that so write me up for it if you wish, its a day off in court that i WILL get paid for."

im just being an asshole now. he's obviously a prick.

next? "why does this car have numbers on the windows?" "the car is legally raced on a private lot with an autocross club in connecticut. those are mine and my co-drivers registered numbers and class, we go there for wintercross. my car is checked and teched to make sure it complies with CT state law. is there anything else WRONG with my car we just had a nice meal and we would like to go UPSTAIRS."

at this point, my cousin (landlord) amy came downstairs and started arguing with the cop, telling him he needs to turn his lights off and stop hassling us. she was watching everything from her bedroom. after this, ironically, he told us to have a nice night and left.

turns out she told him that my cousin-in-law (her husband) has a trooper in the family as well. his uncle, is a few ranks higher than the trooper that pulled us over.

all this lasted about an hour. ghey.

Cliffs but you should read
pulled over for no good reason, in my driveway
hassled for an hour
found out i have marraige related family in the mass state police
let go with nothing, even though nothing was wrong to begin with

wow, i hope something comes of this...
like him getting shit canned or demoted, or sent to sensitivity training :)

THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR LIVING IN RURAL MASS

come to the big city.....I NEVER so much as even get looked at sideways by the cops other than when they say "Hello" when I walk in the bank.

Providence big city ? I guess I haven't been there in a while :)

Also, all of Massachusetts and New Jersey sucks for police harassment.

look at the people browsing this thread :)

all locals... except for formby.

TurboMirage, Celerity, hosmer, E_SolSi

Providence cops have better things to do than pull me over for bullshit stuff.

I drove around for 2 YEARS with:

Mass plates (expired registration sticker on the back plate)
Expired inpspection
Lowered/loud/tinted shitboxes

the only time I'd ever get nervous was when I'd go up to my mom's in Foxboro. I just registered the EG last month...1st totally legal car I've had since 03

is there a lack of real crimes in the country??? my dad got pulled over in the drive way cause "his muffler sticks out too far" dosent even go past the bumper.and this was at night too.. and if your stuff gets stolen they really dont care but they'll b.s you over nothing.

Quoted post[/post]]
is there a lack of real crimes in the country??? my dad got pulled over in the drive way cause "his muffler sticks out too far" dosent even go past the bumper.and this was at night too.. and if your stuff gets stolen they really dont care but they'll b.s you over nothing.

no, there are real crimes.

just not in my current area. at all.

When you drive suspicious looking cars, you gotta expect to be looked at suspiciously.

I dont' get bent when I get pulled over for tint. "I may be trying to hide something" (I am trying to hide something, all the gear in my trunk!) Driving around with numbers on your car is just ... suspicious. I can't quantify how or why, but all I can tell you is that maybe 1% of the world and .0000001% of Massachussetts exercises (Or can even define) rational thinking.

Wait'll they get a load of my Dune buggy, if and when it's complete - It will have a turbo charged boxer engine just ... hanging out of the back :)

Cops in Northbridge are mostly harmless, unless you get one on a bad, or get clocked going 20 over. They know my car and that I don't cause trouble. They leave me alone.

Down at college, South Kingston cops LOVE to fuck with me. I've seen cops turn around on route 1 just to follow me. Additionaly, every URI cop seems to think I'm about to do something illegal and I get followed on campus as well.

Your state is smaller than my "town".

and knowing people of higher rank is great... except when you know all of the cops anyway... and dislike a lot of them... and have slept with a few of their daughters.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I've seen cops turn around on route 1 just to follow me.

Thats when, if you have time, you turn around too, and if they do it again, you do it again. Can't pull you over if you do it legally.

Haha, great idea. I once drove around campus for about 35 minutes with a URI cruiser tailing me. Pulled into a parking spot. Watched him circle the block. I pulled out and he continued to follow me. Is my car THAT sketchy?
It must be the MA plates on it.

Back