Traction Bar?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrciv

I have a 98ek on skunk2 adj. coilovers. lowered 3in+ I have a jdm gsr stock and plan on a NA build very very soon. Right now the motor is stock with all bolt ons. love that car and power but I can not get it to hook very well. Stock tires as well. Is a traction bar worth it???? please give input on this if you really have a traction bar or have seen the diff. it can make. not what you have read, as I can read too.(cant write very well as you can see) I also have h-frame and all strut bars. What other things am i not thinking of besides trac-bar and or wheels and tires.

do you get wheel hop when trying to launch? are you using the skunk2 sleeves or full bodied coilovers? do you have lot of neg camber from that 3"+ drop?

im guessing the main problem is the tires... what does stock tires mean? are they some cheap 185/55/15s on your oem steelies? try something 205 width and a decent performance tire.

No wheel hop at all, full bodied coilovers, im putting it on a align rack tonight, i just did a driveway alignment so its not perfect at all. 185/65/14. not really looking to buy new wheels right now though

No wheel hop at all, full bodied coilovers, im putting it on a align rack tonight, i just did a driveway alignment so its not perfect at all. 185/65/14. not really looking to buy new wheels right now though

with the power level you are at, and since you are not experiencing wheel hop, your traction problem is most definitely the tires. you need some 15" wheels with decent 205/50 tires. i know you said its not in the cards at the moment, but a nice set of rotas or something similar with good tires goes for $400-$600, or go even cheaper with a set of gsr blades, webs, something like that with some good tires.

once you get some decent tires, you might want to consider going to your local track on a test and tune night and practicing. being able to see your 60ft time is crucial to learning to launch your car.

Stiffen up the motor mounts. I had terrible wheel hop in my stock GSR w/ sticky 205/50/15 tires.

Stiffen up the motor mounts. I had terrible wheel hop in my stock GSR w/ sticky 205/50/15 tires.

I got the same tires with stiff Hasport mounts and still wheel hop like crazy with about 200whp in my EG...so I do not think stiff mounts will stop the hop.

Traction bar is the answer to wheel hop (I need one bad).....but it is in no way a cure to excessive peeling out.....the cure for that is better driving.

Although bad shocks was my problem with my LS swap (long ago). I had crazy wheel hop and it all went away when I put KYB's to replace the worn out OEM shocks.

I think im gonna agree with mdpsEG. and snag some used wheels.

i think wheel hop has more to do with poor damping more than anything. only time i have had it be a real problem was in car that i bought with blown stock shocks and coilover sleeves. replaced the shocks with some adjustable KYBs and the wheel hop was gone. i have had a good half dozen different suspension setups on my hondas over the years and that was the only time i encountered persistent wheel hop was with shitty damping.

Back