Tranny leaking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I noticed a small puddle of oil in my garage a while ago and after some looking, realized there is a small crack in the casing of my tranny. It now leaks worse and I'm afraid it's going to get too low and the gears are going to get eaten. Is there any way like jb weld or anything to stop this leak, or am i screwed?

i'd be a little more concerned about what caused the crack?

you'll have a tough time getting anything to stick to the outside of the case...
i would try roughing it up a bit with some sort of abrasive and then clean it really really well

Ok, I took a closer look and the crack was just some grease. The fluid is actually coming out of where the axle goes into the transmission. Is there a broken piece inside or whats goin on?

Mine is leaking in the same place, i seated my axle wrong and i think i messed up the seal... we'll find out when i pull it apart, but it's probly that.
(Did you recently change your axles?)

prob inproperly installed or wrong sized axle seal...

replace it, i doubt anything is broken besides the seal
i would imagine you can get them from advance or autozone

The swap was done about a year ago, but I had the axles out a couple of months ago. Do i just ask for an axle seal, or what do I need?

I got mine from autozone

yea, ask for an axle seal...

jack the car as high up on the side you are changing as you can and you prob won't lose any fluid...

Back