tranny q

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
What tranny mate up to ZC motors

does a dohc only fit with a dohc trans
i am thinking of putting the dohc ZC from hmotors into an 89 crx si.

Any 88-00 D series transmission will bolt up to any 88-00 D series engine. Just make sure you have the right clutch combination if you're playing with the 88-91 series, since there were different spline counts and flywheel sizes.

If you have the cash try and score the ZC tranny from Hmotors. The ZC has a pretty close gear ratio making it fairly quick. That is the tranny im running in my crx. My advice would be put a SI final drive in it to keep the freeway RPMs down.

ok, thanks for the info. are all of the ZC motors considered d series?

Originally posted by Drake+Jul 2 2005, 01:04 AM-->
If you have the cash try and score the ZC tranny from Hmotors. The ZC has a pretty close gear ratio making it fairly quick. That is the tranny im running in my crx. My advice would be put a SI final drive in it to keep the freeway RPMs down.
[post=519565]Quoted post[/post]​

That will actually raise your revs... the Si final drive is the shortest OEM FD you can put into a D series transmission. If you're worried about keeping freeway engine speed down, don't modify the ZC transmission at all.

jimboburgess
@Jul 2 2005, 03:09 PM
ok, thanks for the info. are all of the ZC motors considered d series?
[post=519788]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup. The ZC designation is what was given to the highest performing D series engine of each type- SOHC, DOHC, SOHC VTEC.

Really? Damn good thing someone cleared that up before I wasted my cash. When Im doin 70-75 down the freeway im turning about 4 grand. Thank you for clearing that up Calesta.

Back