Tranny Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95CivicExMd

With the help of pissedoffsol, I know what motor I want to swap in my 95 ex 5 speed (B16a2 SiRII). Now I would like to know if the tranny that comes with this engine has LSD. And if it doesn't would another tranny from a different motor that has LSD would mount to the B16. If I bought a used tranny with LSD and wanted to make sure it lasted for a while, would it be possible to take it to a shop and have them put new gears in it so it would last a while.

I could be wrong... I do think the SiR II engine comes with a tranny that has lsd. Type R trannys have lsd for sure, only prb. is you have to be able to trust who your buying from that it is a typer tranny cause i dont think they have a vin of any sort.. You can always add LSD through Quaife but its expensive close to a grand... Phantom has a cheaper option ive heard mixed reviews on them...They retail around 300 bux i think...

If you buy your motor from hmotorsonline.com you can get an LSD tranny for an extra $300.
Otherwise you can use a Type R transmission or an LSD GSR transmission or any other B series LSD tranny.
Yes, a shop will replace the gear sets in a transmission, but make sure they replace/inspect the synchros.

If youre not going to go nuts on the motor then you probably wouldnt need to even mess with the trannys gearing if its a b16 tranny. Kinda sucks hitting vtec in 5th at around 80 though.

Ah but I do plan on going nuts with my motor lol. I am just tring to get an amount on how much everything is going to cost so I can go talk to the money man to see if I can't get a personal loan. Thaks to everybody that responded.

Back