Tranny Talk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20badboy

I resently bought a tranny from a guy I didn't even know, but for $200 it should be worth it no matter what it is. He told me it was a automatic JDM SiR-2 from a b16 and I'm not sure if it's true or not. I have only done one other swap and I'm trying to finish this one now. Is it true that any b-series tranny will fit almost any b-series motor? Any tips on my swap would be appriciated. I bought a 90 Integra b18a and I'm swapping it into my 92 civic dx 4drw/auto tranny. Will this tranny fit the b18a motor? Plz help, I can't wait to get this one done. Thanks

yes all b-motors &trannys are interchangeable.make sure your ecu is for
auto tranny(p74-n51)somthing like that.

Use the intermediate shaft and axles from a 94+ teg auto donor for your 92-95 civic chassis. Also be warned that the top tranny mount might not fit quite right into the civic body's tranny mount bracket(i.e, the holes don't line up to allow the long bolt through the rubber mount and bracket) Not a problem, though. Just get all your other mounts in place and drill two holes for the new placement. I'm in the middle of a similar swap myself:

car: 93 2dr Civic EX auto

engine: 1st gen B16A

tranny: 96 Integra LS auto

problems: numerous, but working themselves out.

This setup should be killer for a turbo add-on later, and all for under $1000. Can't beat that.

Thanks for the help guys, but when I bought the tranny it didn't come with a torque converter. Am I going to have a problem finding one to match this tranny? Also, since this tranny is from a B16 what axles should I use, the ones for the B18 or the B16 and what years can I use? Another problem I'm having is finding a cheap ECU. The one I need is the p75, either from a 94 or a 95 integra and it has to be for an automatic, and it has to be OBD-1. If anyone knows where to get good cheap swap parts let me know. Thanks again.

Like I said, if the tranny is from an SiR 2 like you said(and not an SiR1 or IntegraXSi), then you need 94-up integra automatic axles and intermediate shaft(ABS or not doesn't matter). One way to tell is that the FRONT tranny mount bolt holes are in a vertical configuration on the B16A1stgen auto tranny, and in a horizontal config on a 2nd gen. Or just send me a picture. Don't take the seller's word as fact before you start buying parts, know for sure ahead of time. As for the torque converter, if it is SiR2, any 94-up integra torque converter should work. I have one in my garage for a B16A1stgen auto tranny, but we'll have to count splines and measure shaft diameter to know for sure. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks again, I would definitley be interested in the

torque converter. I will take some pictures this

weekend and count the splines to be safe. How

much would you want if it fits? I'm also looking for an

ECU.

Back