Trans rebuild????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ep3moschini

I R T3H NO00Bz!
So the transmission in my girls Delsol Si is shitting out on me, I have a DX trans I was going to swap in for the meen time when I would be rebuilding it.

any suggestions on what to look for first the gear or teh syncro sleves? Ive rebuilt a few tans before, but that wat to either just take them appart to learn or drop an LSD into it, never had to repair one before, any suggestions on parts would be welcome aswel. were building hger motor for 300+ hp so the trans needs to be stout, im thinking cryo treaded syncro's

those cryo treated synchros are a waste of money... like seriously

get the carbon coated synchros, there the shit

By the way.. i know a kid here has a white ep3 just like yours and his girlfriends got a sol to.. haha

those cryo treated synchros are a waste of money... like seriously

get the carbon coated synchros, there the shit

By the way.. i know a kid here has a white ep3 just like yours and his girlfriends got a sol to.. haha
rofl. .. where can I get the carbon sync's from?

dose any company offer aftermarket support for the D-series transmission? :confused:

What kind of support?

And Gearspeedinc.com has the carbon synchros, go to products then scroll down

Ill tell u right now, those carbon syncs make shifting sooooo smooth

What kind of support?

And Gearspeedinc.com has the carbon synchros, go to products then scroll down

Ill tell u right now, those carbon syncs make shifting sooooo smooth

where can I order them from, like I want to do a full rebuild, it currently grinds 3rd gear. . . and makes an unhappy noise in neutral, im assuming one of the berrings is toste

Go to gearspeedinc.com then products and at the top in the box where the LSD is itll have a number u need to call

dose any company offer aftermarket support for the D-series transmission? :confused:
not too many...i have the same problems with my sol... too much power:D
so we have to just keep an extra tranny around so incase it blows we have a replacement. that and we are having custom fab work done on it. the fifth gear under full throttle at 100mph shredded like it was made of paper. so we had a machine shop in cali build us up a strengthened gear setup. but with too much power you can expect some breakage. with 300 ponies to the ground you have to treat things nicely or they will shit out on you.

not too many...i have the same problems with my sol... too much power:D
so we have to just keep an extra tranny around so incase it blows we have a replacement. that and we are having custom fab work done on it. the fifth gear under full throttle at 100mph shredded like it was made of paper. so we had a machine shop in cali build us up a strengthened gear setup. but with too much power you can expect some breakage. with 300 ponies to the ground you have to treat things nicely or they will shit out on you.

That sucks, Ive been looking for carbon coated gears or cryo treated gears. . . cant seem to find a price anywhere I know they make them tho, im going to call gearspeedinc.com and see what they can do

totally...go for it. if you come up with anything good let me know... i'm still looking for parts.

Back