True motorsports indianapolis IN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magana559

The Warden
This guy sold me a bad block! Said it was 100% great but it eats a shit load of oil and smokes like a coal train.

Compression sucks too!

His name is George Lacayo, If anybody Knows him or knows of him please let him know about this post.

Dose anybody know what can I do about this? Paypal wont help and Im gonna call the credit card tomorrow.

Thanks In advance,

David Magana

umm.. yea, dont know what to tell you then... you live and you learn

it will probably cost you more to do the court route (since hes not local) then to just eat it.

Hmmm Really? but the bad is I bought it 5 months ago :(

I know Im a fucktard for taking that long to build but Im 20 and poor.

So you bought this block 5 months ago? What did you do with it over the past 5 months? Have you been driving with it and it just went south? Or has it been sitting in a garage for these 5 months?

Either way, it just sounds like to me you bought an engine and didn't bother keeping it up.

I'd just pull it and tear it apart, fix it up and rebuild it properly.

wait, you bought a motor 5 months ago, let it sit, and then just now started it only to realize its fucked?
sounds to me like you can do nothing.

its been 5 months, theres no proof that you havnt had it in your car and beating the shit out and burning up the rings in the pistons.

and if you could by some miracle of god show that it wasnt in your car, you wont be able to prove that you stored it correctly.

for all anybody knows, you left it uncovered and unsealed in an area thats prone to drastic temperature changes (causing mousture in the block leading to rust) or an area that has all kinds of dust and debris floating around and going into the intake/exaust ports and building up waitin for you to crank and scratch the hell out of the chamber and damaging the rings.

legally, you have no leg to stand on.
and no way to prove it was bad when he sold it to you.

get over it, bite the bullet.
most reputable engine dealers have a 30 warranty attached to their product.
after that, tough shit.

only deal with hmotors IMO

there is a local place here in Bako.. JSHmotors .. seems like a cool guy

So you bought this block 5 months ago? What did you do with it over the past 5 months? Have you been driving with it and it just went south? Or has it been sitting in a garage for these 5 months?

Either way, it just sounds like to me you bought an engine and didn't bother keeping it up.

I'd just pull it and tear it apart, fix it up and rebuild it properly.

No I havent been driving this motor for 5 months the all of a sudden its his fault it broke, I bought a Short block and finally finished building it.

When I Started it for the first time It smoked like hell! then I let it idle at 2k-3k RPM for 10 min see if it would clear out but it didnt.

Gonna cost me a shit load of time and money, I just got laid off so money is tight right now.

wait, you bought a motor 5 months ago, let it sit, and then just now started it only to realize its fucked?
sounds to me like you can do nothing.

its been 5 months, theres no proof that you havnt had it in your car and beating the shit out and burning up the rings in the pistons.

and if you could by some miracle of god show that it wasnt in your car, you wont be able to prove that you stored it correctly.

for all anybody knows, you left it uncovered and unsealed in an area thats prone to drastic temperature changes (causing mousture in the block leading to rust) or an area that has all kinds of dust and debris floating around and going into the intake/exaust ports and building up waitin for you to crank and scratch the hell out of the chamber and damaging the rings.

legally, you have no leg to stand on.
and no way to prove it was bad when he sold it to you.

get over it, bite the bullet.
most reputable engine dealers have a 30 warranty attached to their product.
after that, tough shit.

Wasnt a full Engine, was just a short block and didnt have a spot of rust because it was covered in oil and then shrink wraped untill I had everything.

finally pulled the block out of my closet, bolted down the head and started it up and bam it was smoking!

funny thing is i bought a old chevy 454 that was sitting for 3 years after the rebuild It started right up with no smoke.

you know I guess your right, I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and get over it but still its not right that this guy sold me something for good but was bad.

fuck it Ill just rebuild the block and cut my losses....:mad:

im gonna have to just get the block honed here and do the rest myself.....that way In know it will be done right.

Last time I trust anybody with a built block or engine

then obviously he's a great guy.
bc if it was me, i would have told you tough shit.
after 5 months, its no longer my liability.

so, i hope you apologized for bashing him.

then obviously he's a great guy.
bc if it was me, i would have told you tough shit.
after 5 months, its no longer my liability.

so, i hope you apologized for bashing him.

he probably saw this thread :p

Attachments

• true motorsports - Google Search_1237839862378.png
    true motorsports - Google Search_1237839862378.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 112

even buying from hmotors, you're still getting a used engine and taking a chance. when i got my h22 from there, i was preparing the engine harness, and i took the plug off the knock sensor, and the knock sensor broke. then when i started the engine for the first time, the distributor quit working after a couple min of operation. the only way to be sure of what you're getting is to get a warranty, purchase new, or oversee the build yourself.

even buying from hmotors, you're still getting a used engine and taking a chance. when i got my h22 from there, i was preparing the engine harness, and i took the plug off the knock sensor, and the knock sensor broke. then when i started the engine for the first time, the distributor quit working after a couple min of operation. the only way to be sure of what you're getting is to get a warranty, purchase new, or oversee the build yourself.

Hmotors gives guarantees and warranties with their products.

Back