Tuning Advice! Help please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay, i want to tune my own car because tuners are expensive and as much as i change things i want to know how to do it without paying for retunes, i need some help on what to use, i was looking on moates and they have the honda tuning kit, is that a decent kit to start with? if i add on a wideband?

also, what program would you recommend starting with to tune, thats fairly easy to use?

any help is appreciated! thanks!

Get the wideband first I would not tune without one. and for a first timer use Chrome.. Hey bud if you need help my friend has everything and can tune and chip your ecu for you he drives around playing in his car with a laptop sitting in the passenger seat... He is real smart when it comes to computers and electronics..

yeah im just so confused with everything, and my car needs a tune pretty bad, the basemap isnt right on it... i might hit you up, does he charge to tune? if so, how much?

i will talk to him he might not charge anything or if he does wouldn't be much.. He just really does it for fun. I tried telling him to start doing more chipping and make some money but he's not the type to charge people much at all...

alright, or would he help me get started if i bought all the stuff and got it downloaded? i just need to see things done in person, just reading it i cant really comprehend what is right and wrong

its CROME, and theres a walkthru available on the site that will get you started. also numerous tutorials across the web. tunewithcrome.com is the site

you will need to get a usb chipped into the ecu.. not sure how that works though...

Back