Turbo D15z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bobo HC3D

I was about to buy this B18 engine, but i didnt now i think ill go for a turbo

What is the cheapest way to go turbo?
is $1000 enought to have my engine boosted?
thanx

1st off, turboing isnt as easy as just dropping it in. ur d15 wont really b able to handle the power,( and tranny and cv's), u also will never find a turbo for 1000, unless u make 1 off of things at junkyards, and even then it will be cutting it close. I just finished gettign all the parts for my 2nd b18a swap( 1st one sadly died) and it costed my a total of 2200 canadian, so like 1400 USD, its also a great starting engine compared to the d15, if u are realy money cautios, get a ZC and boost that, its all plug and play i believe if u have si or hf. just dont waist ur $$ on a turbo 1.5L, will done the most u can do really soon after, and u wont be running any lower than maybe low 14's( with turbo i/h/e), which is sad comparing my old b18a ran 14.56 with i/h/e cam gears and fuel rail:s

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Feb 15 2003, 08:18 PM
1st off, turboing isnt as easy as just dropping it in. ur d15 wont really b able to handle the power,( and tranny and cv's), u also will never find a turbo for 1000, unless u make 1 off of things at junkyards, and even then it will be cutting it close. I just finished gettign all the parts for my 2nd b18a swap( 1st one sadly died) and it costed my a total of 2200 canadian, so like 1400 USD, its also a great starting engine compared to the d15, if u are realy money cautios, get a ZC and boost that, its all plug and play i believe if u have si or hf. just dont waist ur $$ on a turbo 1.5L, will done the most u can do really soon after, and u wont be running any lower than maybe low 14's( with turbo i/h/e), which is sad comparing my old b18a ran 14.56 with i/h/e cam gears and fuel rail:s

First thing is Bobo is in Poland.So prices are different,as we have things over in Europe that they don't in the states,not to mention shipping and tax are a bitch over here.Also he posted a while back about getting a B18C,so I think he is pretty set.Besides he has a 96 so a B18A isn't worth it. Here is a list of Europeon shops you can try. I friend of mine is trying to sell a complete turbo,everything for $2500 it is more than you said but it is complete,if your interested e mail or PM me.

yeah
I had a ZC engine in a CRX.
I know how it runs, but now i have 120HP(114HP stock) so it is not very interesting to gain 10HP by doing a swap.
I got nx but i wanted to be faster.
Or maybe Should I a make a 100 shot?
is it lot of work to do to make the engine resist such an increase of power.
50 at this moment is fine but i want more :worthy: :worthy:

If you just need a little boost for the time being,go with a small shot 50-75.I wouldn't do a hundred and I'd be weary of 75.

IMO, put that money towards a Civic type R over there. You got yourself a down payment. I sure hope you can get the Type R there in Poland.

I wish it was that easy,type R's are still pretty expensive over here.I found a 99 Accord type R,20,000 euro.It is still a lot cheaper to buy a normal model and swap as much as you can.

Back