turbo ls help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

whats up I just got a ls motor that came with turbonetics kit. I'm not sure what size the turbo is or if it has a 38mm tial wastegate or 35mm. does anyone no how to tell. the only thing that's on the turbo is a turbonetics logo and the #60 ingraved on it. also I've read all the turbo threads and I'm still kind of confused on how everything works right now the kit has a missing link and a vortech fmu and I'm not even sure what size fmu it is. I'm looking to go with the vafc hack because it seems to be prefered by everybody else so i figured I would just copy everything that was done with the hack on thedropshop. but should I use a vafc or a safc and which version 1 or 2. also I have a turbo xs manual boost controller and I wanted to set the boost at 10psi but if the wastegate spring is set at 7psi what do i need to do raise it or does it not matter. sorry for all the questions I just want the car to run and run right I don't want to blow up the motor because I don't know much about turbo, and I'm not one of those unrealistic kids that wants to run 12's and only have 50 bills to do it. like i said before I just want the car to run right.

kits are designed to run as a kit. when you start messing with boost levels, you gotta alter other things as well.

Tial 38 replaced the 35. they are basically the same damn thing.
# means nothing in turbo terms... so who knows

if you move to the hack, toss the missing link, your stock injectors, and fmu, and pick up the safc (i like V1's with the blue screen) and some 440-450 cc injectors. if you use DSM's or other peak/hold variety, you're going to have to wire in a resistor box as well.

a boost controller simply bleeds out boost to the wastegate. basically, it tricks it into thinking that 10 pounds is really only 7. to raise it, simply install it, and with trial and error, watch your boost gauge, and make some pulls in 3rd and see where it stops. pop hood, adjust, repeat.

I planned on getting the dsm 440cc injectors but where would I find a resistor box?
oh and thanks for your help with the other questions.

resistor boxes run about $10-15 and can be found in 88-91 civics/crx's

okay so I'll pick up safc v1 the 440 injectors and the resistor box and see how it goes . thanks

Back