Turbo Plans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I'm going to start to piece together a turbo kit for my b16, and will put it on during the winter time when ill have a beater to drive.
What size turbo should I be looking into? Ive heard t3 super 60?
Im going to get a tial 38mm wg and a precision fmic, also the turbo, from louis@ctsturbo.com
I need some places to buy things like exhaust manifold, oil lines, charges pipes, bov, and any other random things i may need, also what's good for fuel management? Should i buy a laptop and get uberdata or chrome? Something like that.
Also need some injectors, dsm 450cc's? i dont know whether to stay obd0 or go obd1, get the p28? w/ conversion harness?
My goals is atleast 220whp stock block stock head, just tuned well.

What kind of power curve do you want? Learn how to read compressor maps and pick the turbo on your own.

I want early spooling turbo that holds boost to the redline. Not some huge thing that all the power comes on at 6krpms.

Ok- then do the math on your engine's flow capacity through redline, then find a turbo with a compressor small enough to flow at an efficient level through that flow level.

Sorry, i'm a turbo n00b, but are there some good sites to purchase a bov, and oil lines/fitings, and things like that?

if you stay obd0 i think you gotta use turbo edit. uberdata and chrome are both obd1 I believe. the 450's will probably do the job, they are way cheaper than anything else. if you end up going with a program like uberdata, I've got a laptop I may not need by that time. It's only purpose is tuning, seeing as it has a 1 gig hard drive...If you need it by that time i'll let it go for practically free.
as for the oil lines...you can do them yourself or buy a kit. I'm getting my from fast-turbo.com all the other stuff i got off ebay and forums.

Back