turbo project keeps cutting off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

i have a b18b turbo '91 crx that i converted over to obd 1. everything is just about done except for the hondata install. my tuner told me i could use a stock obd ls ecu to granny drive it (staying out of boost of course) to the shop but im having some problems getting it started.

I think it has something to do with the vacuum lines b/c the other day my boy and i were trying forever to get it started and we were making progress b/c each time it sounded closer and closer to turning over. then on the last attempt, he disconnected the vacuum line from the top of the fpr and it started and ran for about 5 minutes b4 it shut off. my boy was saying maybe it shut off b/c the wastegate was getting too hot. but i dunno.

the only thing that makes me think maybe its not the vacuum lines is that once it started it idle'd perfectly..i know if it were the vacuum it would idle sparatically. the only prob is gettin it started..but once it started, it was good (except 4 cutting off 5 min later)

i was just wondering if anyone had a diagram or pics of how the vac lines should be ran with a turbo setup like mine. any input would be appreciated. thanks in advance

setup:

b18b (pistons, rods, valvetrain)
550cc rc injectors (running stock injectors 4 now till the hondata gets put in b/c it runs too rich w/ them in)
255lph wolbro fuel pump
hondata 2B (not yet installed)
t3/t4 turbo kit w/ fmic
p75 ecu (obd 1 dizzy and injectors)
obd 0 - obd 1 conversion

update..

i just started it a few more times..still stays on for about 5 minutes b4 shuttin off. seems as thou it also shuts off whenever i press the gas pedal.

when you pull teh vac line off the FPR the fuel pressure increases. Mabe you arent gettign enough pressure to run teh car. when you turn your key, do you hear your fuel pump prime the system?

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jun 26 2005, 07:31 PM
when you pull teh vac line off the FPR the fuel pressure increases. Mabe you arent gettign enough pressure to run teh car. when you turn your key, do you hear your fuel pump prime the system?
[post=516721]Quoted post[/post]​

yea..i hear it. i just ordered a fuel pressure gauge and its on the way, so i'll know what the deal is with the fuel pressure soon.

Im thinking that since it shuts off when you give it gas, it is either not getting enough spark and is flooding the cylinders or not sending enough fuel when you hit the gas.....could be vaccum lines or somethign to do with teh fuel delivery.....tough to say without seein this in person.

Back