turbo vacuum help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i found out that the wastegate valve shaft is bent and i had to hammer it for it to move up and down. no biggie. when i get a new one, i should be able to actuate it with pressure from my hand correct? who makes a cheap wastegate that will work till i can afford to get a new one? anyone got a knockoff of sale?

Best bet is to buy a Tial 38mm wastegate, save your self the troubles of breaking anything plus save money and time.
The Tial 38mm goes for around $235.00 brand new, don't waste money on used wastegate, you will be buying someone else problems.....

hey also y wouldn't my bov actuate? during idle when i free rev it from under the hood it actuates fine, but under boost it wont. i'm not exactly sure what adjusting the bov hard or soft actually does. i thought it made it open under lower boost settings.

i was thinking maybe the spring in the bov is too hard to make it actuate under boost. oh well i ordered a Tial 38mm wastegate and also a Greddy Type RS bov. that should fix the problems. i also have a 2.5" downpipe and WG dump coming in also this week :)

well just to let everyone know, i bought a new tial 38mm wasegate and a 3rd gen type rs bov and all my problems are solved. car pulls like a beast. 9psi ftw!!

Like i said before new is better when come to boost. Congratulations, I bought all my stuff brand new so i don't buy other people's problem although you can get some good deals out there, I prefer to go new so i know there won't be any problems in the long run of installation...best of luck and have fun now...

Back