Turboing My DOHC ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would imagine any d series obd1 dizzy would work. oh and another thing you would need for your turbo kit would be a 3 bar mad sensor.

Oh and for the ecu.. would i just need a chipped pm7? or what would i need?

Ok. Just want to clear this up.. To convert to 0bd1 I get the 0bd1 distributor, pm7 ecu, and hondata? confused to what ecu would be the best for converting to 0bd1, or does it matter?

You're not converting an ecu to anything. the ecu jumper harness will allow you to plug an obd1 ecu into your obd0 car. this is what you need

http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcart/chipped-obd1-nonvtec-p-32.html

tell them you want a p29 basemap put on the chip. p29 is the obd1 dohc zc ecu.

if you choose to use hondata s200 you will still need a chipped ecu anyway. if you decided to go with an s100 or s300 system then do not order the chipped ecu from phearable. you would need to either buy a socketed ecu and install the hondata s100/s300 system yourself, or purchase an ecu with a unit already installed. for example..

HONDATA S300 P28 PLUG N PLAY PACKAGE CIVIC CRX INTEGRA:eBay Motors (item 260522345595 end time Jan-10-10 21:12:47 PST)

Although it is recommended, you do not need a larger map sensor unless you intend on exceeding 11 psi.

Last edited:
your best bet is go with a hondata. either s100;s200;s300. any of these will be just fine.

Are you being paid by Hondata or something?

To the OP: there are other free options that are perfectly suitable for what you're doing. I believe I've already stated that once before in this thread...

You're not converting an ecu to anything. the ecu jumper harness will allow you to plug an obd1 ecu into your obd0 car. this is what you need

http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcart/chipped-obd1-nonvtec-p-32.html

tell them you want a p29 basemap put on the chip. p29 is the obd1 dohc zc ecu.

if you choose to use hondata s200 you will still need a chipped ecu anyway. if you decided to go with an s100 or s300 system then do not order the chipped ecu from phearable. you would need to either buy a socketed ecu and install the hondata s100/s300 system yourself, or purchase an ecu with a unit already installed. for example..

HONDATA S300 P28 PLUG N PLAY PACKAGE CIVIC CRX INTEGRA:eBay Motors (item 260522345595 end time Jan-10-10 21:12:47 PST)

Although it is recommended, you do not need a larger map sensor unless you intend on exceeding 11 psi.

Awesome!! thanks for the link. i'll be ordering one soon. Thats gonna help me out ALOT.

Are you being paid by Hondata or something?

To the OP: there are other free options that are perfectly suitable for what you're doing. I believe I've already stated that once before in this thread...

Yes, I wont be getting hondata because I dont need it.

I would recommend xenocron, they chipped my ECU for me, really good customer service, I shipped it out and had it back in 3 days.

I will be staring to order all the parts in a few weeks.. im just getting all the info and parts i will need. i have a list and links to what i am getting.i will keep you guys updated on what comes in. pictures of what i purchase will be uploaded.

Feel free to add anything you think i am going to need or know. I will be asking more questions as i go.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Back