twin turbos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ej11

the comp. housing reads 3AN1.
the turbo came off a 13b rx7...
has anyone ever use these to make a custom turbo set--up???
i have two turbine so was thinking of useing one for a custom set-up(b16a).
would it fit the dsm turbo ex. manifold with a custom b16a turbo header?
thanks in advance. :worthy:

If you want big power, go single turbo. There is a reason most of the hardcore drag supras are running sigle turbos. If you are racing you usually don't need (or want) big power until upper RPMs anyway. If you want a car thats for a road course, you should just be staying all motor anyway.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 15 2005, 05:16 PM
If you want a car thats for a road course, you should just be staying all motor anyway.
[post=499631]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn't say that...

Whatever gives you the nicest power/torque curve for the money is what you want if you're on a budget.

i would.

all motor is the way to go for sub-200 whp or a road/autox course car

hell, you don't even want to do a basic 240 swap your self :p j/p

he said he wanted to use one of these. he doesnt want a twin turbo setup, he wants to know if that turbo will work with the b16.
you would need a manifold for a b series motor that is flanged for that turbo. i doubt a dsm manifold would work, but i'm not sure that your turbo would even be a good idea for that motor.

the turbo looks as big as the t25 turbo used on the eclipse...
and im not looking to use the twin set-up, just one of them...
so no good for the b16? i will be useing it for road racing.(their in good condition,came off a wrecked 97 rx7).

thanks...

using "big" and "t25" in the same sentence is an oxy-moron. lol

lots of oem cars use small turbos-- sr20s, 4g63's and so on... but what you need to understand is that the honda motor is SOOO much more efficient.

it has a much higher VE and a ton more compression. not to mention the rpm factor.

a t3 super 60 is about as small as i'd go on a b16. only thing smaller i'd consider is the gt28rs. its a small turbo, but its super effiecient, and has a large a/r making it capable at the top of the honda rpm range as well.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 17 2005, 10:04 AM
using "big" and "t25" in the same sentence is an oxy-moron. lol

lots of oem cars use small turbos-- sr20s, 4g63's and so on... but what you need to understand is that the honda motor is SOOO much more efficient.

it has a much higher VE and a ton more compression. not to mention the rpm factor.

a t3 super 60 is about as small as i'd go on a b16. only thing smaller i'd consider is the gt28rs. its a small turbo, but its super effiecient, and has a large a/r making it capable at the top of the honda rpm range as well.
[post=500468]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks man, t3 super 60 got it...
do know WTF this means "oxy-moron"....

oxymoron is a term used to descibe opposites.

apartment (they are close together)
driveway (you park on it)
parkway (you drive on it)

and so on...

Back