Type R Or Ls Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skylineboy

I have a 92 hatchback cx and i want to be pretty quick on the streets and track. Which one should i swap, Type R motor or Turbo LS? Which one will cost more, too? And if Turbo LS, which year LS is best turbo? Thanks.

The ITR is not the quickest straitling engine (in stock form) the ITR is more geared towards road racing. The LS turbo will cost you anywhere from 4k-15k depending on how insane you want to go. I would say that the LS turbo is going to be faster.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 23 2003, 10:19 PM
The LS turbo will cost you anywhere from 4k-15k depending on how insane you want to go.

i have an ls turbo and i spent 3k on everything (turbo and motor swap)

i agree- LS/T for the street.

what year is your car? that will tell what is the best year ls to get

Don't you wish people were a little bit more descriptive so that they could get their questions answered. LOL, Oh well so is life...

Originally posted by beau_safken@Feb 24 2003, 03:19 AM
Don't you wish people were a little bit more descriptive so that they could get their questions answered. LOL, Oh well so is life...

tell me about it.

I would have to say, that out of my 6000-odd posts, a good 1000 of them say somethign to this extent-

what year/type motor?
what year/trim car?
whats your budget?
what do you want out of the car- drag, street, autox, etc?

b. you should do a mass PM thing and tell all them members to add there model trim and year into there sig.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2003, 09:30 PM
b. you should do a mass PM thing and tell all them members to add there model trim and year into there sig.

Why stop at that and depend on them to do it,just make it a part of signing on to the board? ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 24 2003, 03:07 AM
i agree- LS/T for the street.

what year is your car? that will tell what is the best year ls to get

I dont know if he edited it, but when i read it LONG before your post.. it said 92 CX Hatch.

go type r all motor.....with that money on the ls turbo, you would have enough money to tune the Type r to all motor sec...and run as fast...even faster...

Originally posted by SolReaver@Feb 23 2003, 10:38 PM
i have an ls turbo and i spent 3k on everything (turbo and motor swap)

what kind of turbo and where did you get it....?
after i rebuild my ls motor and swap it i'll have almost hit 3g's.....

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2003, 10:27 PM
I was thinking of that also but what about the 11k + members already signed up?

True but most of the people that are already here have a idea how to post,and it would still cut down on silliness.Of course it could be done in conjunction with the mass PM thing too.

Originally posted by cbrnascar0329@Feb 24 2003, 04:49 PM

what kind of turbo and where did you get it....?
after i rebuild my ls motor and swap it i'll have almost hit 3g's.....

its a 60-1 with a t3 .63 a/r turbine. I got it ( along with most of my parts) from the honda-tech forced induction classifieds. Slightly used parts are your friends :)

Back