uberdata. i have some ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok i have some questions reguarding uberdata. ive read pretty much everything on uberdata.pgmfi.org but i still have some questions.

first and foremost im having prolems registering on the site (hence why im asking here). whenever i try to register or get my password sent to my email (forgot my password), i get an error saying that it cant connect to the server. i can see that people have been posting recently and ive been having this problem with this site for weeks now. anyone know what the deal is? it would be great if i could post my questions on that site.

onto the questions...

like i said before ive read pretty much all the stickies and articles and stuff but everything is boost oriented. are there any writeups on how to tune an NA setup? they all really dont mess with the non-boost portion of the fuel maps. but i cant mess with them cause im not boosted. so what do i adjust?

also im gonna be datalogging. i just got a laptop, and im soon gonna get a burner, wideband o2 sensor, and the other datalogging stuff. also for my wideband i think im gonna go with the plx m300. im still undecided but this is what i think im gonna go with. this wbo2 has a simulated narrowband right?

so how would i hook this up and still be able to easily switch between narrow and wideband. i was thinking i could just wire in a switch on pin d14, i believe, and have one pole of the switch on the wideband signal and the other pole on the narrow band signal. that way i can use the wide band for datalogging and tuning, then hit the switch to jump over to narrowband for normal driving/racing and stuff. but i think id need two identical chips for this too wouldnt i? one for datalogging with the o2 sensor disabled and one for normal driving/racing that reads the narrow band signal. is this correct? cause thats what makes sense in my head.

also for the digital readout on the wbo2 if you have the narrow band hooked up, will it show the narrowband or the wideband? im guessing wideband, but i want to be sure.

also i see that many of these widebands use a "controller". do i need that? or can i just use the actual sensor? cause from what i gather i just hook the signal wire from the wbo2 to the ecu on the stock signal wire (d14). then on your basemap or whatever map you are tuning with, you just turn off the closed loop and turn off the o2 heater. but im confused how the a/f ratio gets logged if you tun off closed loop.

thanks for reading my book, lol. hopefully someone will be able to answer all of these questions :)

and if someone who can get on uberdata.pgmfi.org would copy and paste this post and post it on that site in the appropriate forum, and link me to the thread, i would be greatly appreciative :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 6 2005, 12:51 AM
ok i have some questions reguarding uberdata. ive read pretty much everything on uberdata.pgmfi.org but i still have some questions.

first and foremost im having prolems registering on the site (hence why im asking here). whenever i try to register or get my password sent to my email (forgot my password), i get an error saying that it cant connect to the server. i can see that people have been posting recently and ive been having this problem with this site for weeks now. anyone know what the deal is? it would be great if i could post my questions on that site.

don't know... and im not sure what you're looking for

like i said before ive read pretty much all the stickies and articles and stuff but everything is boost oriented. are there any writeups on how to tune an NA setup? they all really dont mess with the non-boost portion of the fuel maps. but i cant mess with them cause im not boosted. so what do i adjust?

its the same deal as FI, only you don't have boost tables to worry about. you still have your map signal VS rpm fuel and ignition tables to configure and set up. best bet is to start with a p30 basemap, and go from there, altering your injector size, etc

also im gonna be datalogging. i just got a laptop, and im soon gonna get a burner, wideband o2 sensor, and the other datalogging stuff. also for my wideband i think im gonna go with the plx m300. im still undecided but this is what i think im gonna go with. this wbo2 has a simulated narrowband right?

so how would i hook this up and still be able to easily switch between narrow and wideband. i was thinking i could just wire in a switch on pin d14, i believe, and have one pole of the switch on the wideband signal and the other pole on the narrow band signal. that way i can use the wide band for datalogging and tuning, then hit the switch to jump over to narrowband for normal driving/racing and stuff. but i think id need two identical chips for this too wouldnt i? one for datalogging with the o2 sensor disabled and one for normal driving/racing that reads the narrow band signal. is this correct? cause thats what makes sense in my head.

none of that is necessary.
the plx, when wiried properly, will emit a narrow band signal to your ecu, while still duisplaying a wideband reading to the plx unit itself. theres a resitor and a jumper wiring schematic on the plx site somewhere... and thats basically what you need to do.

also for the digital readout on the wbo2 if you have the narrow band hooked up, will it show the narrowband or the wideband? im guessing wideband, but i want to be sure.

yup, wideband. the narrow band will only get sent to the ecu

also i see that many of these widebands use a "controller". do i need that? or can i just use the actual sensor? cause from what i gather i just hook the signal wire from the wbo2 to the ecu on the stock signal wire (d14). then on your basemap or whatever map you are tuning with, you just turn off the closed loop and turn off the o2 heater. but im confused how the a/f ratio gets logged if you tun off closed loop.

the display unit is also the controller.
just because it doesn't USE the reading, doesn't mean its not TAKING a reading.

thanks for reading my book, lol. hopefully someone will be able to answer all of these questions :)

and if someone who can get on uberdata.pgmfi.org would copy and paste this post and post it on that site in the appropriate forum, and link me to the thread, i would be greatly appreciative :)
[post=508363]Quoted post[/post]​

no. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 6 2005, 10:41 AM

none of that is necessary.
the plx, when wiried properly, will emit a narrow band signal to your ecu, while still duisplaying a wideband reading to the plx unit itself. theres a resitor and a jumper wiring schematic on the plx site somewhere... and thats basically what you need to do.

[post=508481]Quoted post[/post]​

well the reason i was gonna do it that way was so the accurate a/f readings get sent to the ecu for the datalogging since the uberdata reads everything from the ecu and not directly from the plx unit. so i hook the wideband signal to the ecu for that and everything like i said. wouldnt it be best to use the wideband signal since its 0-5V? wouldnt i have tons more resolution with 0-5V then a 0-1V signal?

thanks for the other answers though :)

then get the plx 500.. it has built in datalogging for the o2.

nah im gonna stick with the uberdata to do that. i think the uberdata can monitor more things at a time then the plx. cant it only do like 3 extra things? and it will be easier to just solder the serial cable to the ecu board then to run all kinds of wires from the ecu to the plx unit. but damn that would be sweet to have that wireless :)

link? im not familiar with that one

Back