v6 prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
they make the mounts for civics and integras i figured it wouldnt be long till they made the kits for the prelude i think it would be alot easier in a prelude

they make the mounts for civics and integras i figured it wouldnt be long till they made the kits for the prelude i think it would be alot easier in a prelude

Well I just checked both Hasport's and Innovative's sites, and neither of them have V6 mounts for the Prelude, so either it's some obscure parts maker or he's full of it...

not full of it, i had to do more reseach, talking to the guy at the tuner shop here, i called back and was miss lead, they we'er talking about the ones for civic and integra but those could be fab to fit, thankfully for me, my uncle dose fabricatoins so thats not has hard,

hell once i get the fab work done i can send a set to you then you can do it your self :)
Well I just checked both Hasport's and Innovative's sites, and neither of them have V6 mounts for the Prelude, so either it's some obscure parts maker or he's full of it...

hell once i get the fab work done i can send a set to you then you can do it your self :)

I wouldn't try to do it. For the same amount of money I could drop an H23, turbo it, and probably be faster...

you could, cause alot of people have done that, see once this is done and i put the pic online. wow i have looked and looked and i can find much, one guy did a v6 sho from a ford in a lude but thats all i have found so it will be one of a kind. sorry you have to much hate for this swap
I wouldn't try to do it. For the same amount of money I could drop an H23, turbo it, and probably be faster...

you could, cause alot of people have done that, see once this is done and i put the pic online. wow i have looked and looked and i can find much, one guy did a v6 sho from a ford in a lude but thats all i have found so it will be one of a kind. sorry you have to much hate for this swap
it's not hate for the swap. it's hate for a stupid idea. everybody has an idea to be original, then they try it, fail, and come back and say, "man i shoulda just done xxxx swap".

people do shit repetitively for a reason, it works the best. when you get beat by a turbo h22, that someone spends less than $4,000 are, are you really going to look at them and say, "at least i'm original". no....do what is going to make you go the fastest for the least amount of money.

anytime anybody mentions being original, i always get a chuckle remembering "good will hunting".

"hey, but at least i wont be unoriginal"
YouTube - Good Will Hunting Harvard Bar Scene

great movie one of my fav. what i love about working on cars, you can do whatever the hell you to a car its your time its your money so who is there to stop you, my cuz is trying to put a zx14 motor in a geo and turbo the hell out of it get 500hp so he says by what he has looked up, and its will be in a 1000lb car, if he gets it done awesome killing most cars on the streets here. and ya it works to put a h22 or whatever else you like, and sure this to most ppl dosen't seem worth the time to try this swap, but it is the kind of thinking to do something no one else is doing that got man flying and on the moon, cuz there is always someone who will say "thats dumb dont wast you time" and there is always someone that will do it.

what everybody needs to understand is that theres people that follow by the rules and guidelines set by every body else and then there are people that want to do something different be the first to something i know im one of those people i love to do stuff outside of what everyone else does so what we need to do instead of telling him its stupid it wont work encourage him and tell him he can cause if we dont everybody will keep doing the same thing and then we wont have anything to look foward to in the future
so capslock20 hurry up and start on this thing and make a thread to show your progress i would really like to see this thing together it should be a monster

great movie one of my fav. what i love about working on cars, you can do whatever the hell you to a car its your time its your money so who is there to stop you, my cuz is trying to put a zx14 motor in a geo and turbo the hell out of it get 500hp so he says by what he has looked up, and its will be in a 1000lb car, if he gets it done awesome killing most cars on the streets here.

I doubt it will kill much of anything since it won't have any traction. Maybe he can use it for burn-out contests...

and ya it works to put a h22 or whatever else you like, and sure this to most ppl dosen't seem worth the time to try this swap, but it is the kind of thinking to do something no one else is doing that got man flying and on the moon, cuz there is always someone who will say "thats dumb dont wast you time" and there is always someone that will do it.

But putting a V6 engine into a Prelude won't get you to the moon. It will just get you a car that's somewhat unique, but will still get walked on by turbo 4 cylinders...which were probably built for cheaper...

But putting a V6 engine into a Prelude won't get you to the moon. It will just get you a car that's somewhat unique, but will still get walked on by turbo 4 cylinders...which were probably built for cheaper...
your words fall on deaf ears.

you can spend 1000 hours and $6000 to run a 13.5 or you can spend 20 hours and $3000 and run a 13.0.

the answer is pretty easy for me when i see the numbers. i'll take winning a 1/4 mile race by .5 over being original any day.

if you want to be original, put an sr20det in it. rwd, more power, turbo.

i really couldn't care less about winning like it was said before there is always something faster, i do it cause i love to work on car, and to have fun, so read your own word about deaf ears. you and brutalb86 have already made your point so why do you keep posting??

i am working on right now trying to find a shell to start as soon as i get that i post pic, from what i have read it easiest in a 5th gen so that what i am looking
what everybody needs to understand is that theres people that follow by the rules and guidelines set by every body else and then there are people that want to do something different be the first to something i know im one of those people i love to do stuff outside of what everyone else does so what we need to do instead of telling him its stupid it wont work encourage him and tell him he can cause if we dont everybody will keep doing the same thing and then we wont have anything to look foward to in the future
so capslock20 hurry up and start on this thing and make a thread to show your progress i would really like to see this thing together it should be a monster

I say go for it- adapt the J3x C3x kits for the Civic bodies and put one into your Prelude. I still want to try and tub out a Civic to throw an LS1 in it... but that's been done already too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back