Vacations 2014? Anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You got any plans while youre in town? You should book a fishing charter or two. If you need any advice about anything, let me know. I live literally about two miles from where you are staying.

As far as vacations for me... The wife and I are going to Orlando for 3 days coming up here soon. Just a little getaway for the two of us, something we never do. Then im going to do my usual spring bass fishing trip in early march, not sure where exactly yet, somewhere in central to north FL. This is my favorite vacation every year... get away from civilization (and wife), primitive camp for several days to a week, catch bass out of a small boat, fuck with some gators, drink lots of beer any time of day, chew tobacco, smoke cigars, maybe shoot some guns, etc. with my best friend since childhood.

not much, most likely just hang around the resort if maybe hit a few spots in town if we can find anywhere good to go. Any good bars?

Having 3 dogs(2 that don't get along with each other)... I don't vacation too often.. might make a trip out to Santa Barbara in March(Jens week off work for spring break)

Having 3 dogs(2 that don't get along with each other)... I don't vacation too often.. might make a trip out to Santa Barbara in March(Jens week off work for spring break)

yeah, we have two dogs, but we pretty much always have access to family or very close friends who will stay at our house while we are gone.

I feel ya. I've yet to take a whole week off in 3 years.

I am going to Cape Cod sometime in June and we are going to go to Greece for our honeymoon sometime this summer. My lady's parents rent a house in the cape every summer, so we are going to piggyback on their vacation. The trip to Greece is going to be a wedding present.

A Greek and Italian were arguing over who had the superior culture.

The Greek says, "We have the Parthenon."

Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replies, "We have the Coliseum."

The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics"

The Italian, nodding agreement, says, "But we built the Roman Empire."

And so on and so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "We invented sex!"

The Italian replies, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."

-------

I'm going to Colorado at least once this year, too, hopefully in addition to the race.

Last edited:
My fiance is Greek.

A Greek and Italian were arguing over who had the superior culture.

The Greek says, "We have the Parthenon."

Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replies, "We have the Coliseum."

The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics"

The Italian, nodding agreement, says, "But we built the Roman Empire."

And so on and so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "We invented sex!"

The Italian replies, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."

-------

I'm going to Colorado at least once this year, too, hopefully in addition to the race.

I am half Italian and we have had this argument.

yeah, we have two dogs, but we pretty much always have access to family or very close friends who will stay at our house while we are gone.

Having 3 dogs and having 3 pit bulls is completely different, especially when it comes to who I can trust to take care of them...lol

This year, vacation for us will be any night where we can get a full nights sleep without having to wake up for the baby. :D

Last edited:
Work trip.

Know nothing about it other than it's paid for and it'll be my first real time spending any amount of time in California.

We're flying into San Diego early, doing a little sight seeing and driving around the coast, and then meeting up with everyone at the hotel.

Maybe its not a Ritz Carlton this year. I think its this place.

Palm Desert Resorts | Palm Desert Hotels | JW Marriott Desert Springs

Palm Desert is a golfers paradise if you're a fan. My dad visits every year for a week or two. Little too slow paced for me. Lots of lefties and old people, and shopping.

not much, most likely just hang around the resort if maybe hit a few spots in town if we can find anywhere good to go. Any good bars?

Right down the road from you on Singer island theres a place called Two Drunken Goats that i like. Nice somewhat outdoor bar, lots of TVs. Another waterfront spot that I like is Frigates. Its more of a sit down restaurant, but also has a waterfront bar, good food. Whenever we have out of town guests from up north they always seem to like the Rum Bar the best... Its a very laid back atmosphere most of the time, all outdoors, beach sand, fire pits, ring toss, lounge chairs, chicks bringing you drinks, island music, etc. Sometimes for special events or on weekends it can get crowded, but its always fun for those not accustomed to South FL.

There are many more good restaurants and bars but those three i listed will be close and shouldnt disappoint. Going to downtown west palm and walking clematis street, hitting the bars there would be fun too. Theres a nice public park and docks on the waterfront there too, open any time of night.

Also for some cheap places to grab food, try hitting up tijuana flats, or CG burgers. Both also serve beer in addition to really fkin good food for a reasonable price. I could eat tijuana twice a week, and have.

Palm Desert is a golfers paradise if you're a fan. My dad visits every year for a week or two. Little too slow paced for me. Lots of lefties and old people, and shopping.

Yeah not my thing but it was for a contest and it's paid for. I'll be milking the free massages for all they're worth.

me and the woman have been talking about going to Thailand. not sure if it'll be 2014 or not, but it'll happen in the next 2 years with any luck. Her aunt has a summer house we can stay in and apparently everything is dirt cheap there.

I'll most likely be heading to Japan (Tokyo) for work in March too. That will be interesting if I actually get to go :)

me and the woman have been talking about going to Thailand. not sure if it'll be 2014 or not, but it'll happen in the next 2 years with any luck. Her aunt has a summer house we can stay in and apparently everything is dirt cheap there.

I'll most likely be heading to Japan (Tokyo) for work in March too. That will be interesting if I actually get to go :)
Get a custom-made suit. I've never done it personally, but have friends that say you'll never have a suit as nice.

Back