valve problems ... i think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

ok its a 92 civic lx sedan, i just did replaced the water pump and started the car and it started running weird, almost like a misfire but not. had someone check it out, timing, compression, and he said it could just be a fouled up injector and to get some injector cleaner. if that didnt help he said it may also be that the valves need to be adjusted. if i need to adjust the valves though i was wondering what would be the optimum clearance? i know the manual says to make sure its between this ## and that ## but where which would be the best to set it to?

if your valves need adjusted your car will sound like a sewing machine. <<< really fast tap. not so much on loudness.

and to adjust them do the number that it recommends. if you do it to loose it will still tap to tight and you could mess it up.

its been awhile since ive heard what a sewing maching sounds like but i believe i did hear some tapping when we were listening to it ... ill probly get a new fuel filter as well just in case and i dont know if it been changed or not, after all nothing else has been (axles, bearings, and what not)

adjusting valves is quick and free if you have the tools. just make sure you take your time and get them right. and make sure you rotate your engine properly which is counter clock wise.

so when i do get that fixed should it also take care of the whitish smoke from the exhaust? because ive noticed it does that till it gets warmed up

The clearance should be listed somewhere under the hood or on the airbox.

Did you guys make sure the cam timing is correct?

that may be it since it is an aftermarket exhaust (yonaka) and its not to bad, just checking though you know hoping its not something else, this car after all has needed more than i thought.

Back