Vibration on the driver side,esp when turning left

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo99

I get a loud vibration on the driver side when accelerating or decelerating. It cruises okay on the freeway, but when I turn left, I feel the vibration. When I turn right, it doesn't vibrate as much. With that, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my left side. I recently swapped out the axle because I thought it would fix the problem, but it did not. It's not my brakes because when I'm turning right and apply my brakes, it doesn't vibrate too much. My last idea to fix the problem is to get my front left wheel balanced. What do you think? Any more ideas if that doesn't work?

I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

I think tire alignment and balancing should have been the first step, but yes, if that doesnt help the next step would be to check the tie rods and ball joints.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 23 2005, 01:37 PM
I think tire alignment and balancing should have been the first step, but yes, if that doesnt help the next step would be to check the tie rods and ball joints.
[post=530178]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your wheel bearings too...

yeah, good idea...i feel like i forgot to mention something else...but i dont think the bearings would cause a noticable vibration...but it is a good thing to check.

Originally posted by phyregod+Jul 23 2005, 02:17 PM-->
reikoshea
@Jul 23 2005, 01:37 PM
[post=530178]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your wheel bearings too...
[post=530186]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think it's the ball joint because my ball joint camber kit would be making a popping sound. I had a shop check out my wheel bearings and they said that they were fine. They did notice that my front left shock was blown because oil was all over the place. Do you think this is causing the problem? I'm thinking it's either the shock or the wheel balancing. I really think it's the shock though; they're still OEM.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jul 25 2005, 03:39 AM
A shop tells you that your left shock was blown...

The answer to your question.
[post=530660]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, the shop did tell me the shock was blown, BUT they weren't exactly sure themselves if it was causing the problem; they even test drove it. And by the way, it's a very reputable shop. Thank you very much for your intelligent answer. I really appreciate your expertise.

just because you raplaced you axle does not mean that it is good check it again or have them order you a replacment and try it again.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 25 2005, 10:28 PM
just because you raplaced you axle does not mean that it is good check it again or have them order you a replacment and try it again.
[post=531098]Quoted post[/post]​

The axle is perfect. There's nothing wrong with it. Like I said, it didn't make a difference and the old axle looked fine. When I have time, I'm going to try to rotate the wheel from front to back and see if it will make a difference. A blown shock does sound like the culprit though. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.

dude, really replace the blown shock. A blown shock is a blown shock regardless of what it can or cannot do. It was not meant to question your intelligence, but in order for you to find a solution to your problem, you must eliminate the possible faulty parts. Don't ask for help if you're gonna be a dick about it.

First things first, replace your front shocks (yes both) and then continue from there. Ull have to replace the shocks whatsoever so just do it now man.

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Jul 26 2005, 05:57 AM
First things first, replace your front shocks (yes both) and then continue from there. Ull have to replace the shocks whatsoever so just do it now man.
[post=531215]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I know I have to replace the shocks, but I want to buy those $1,000+ kits and don't feel like spending that much right now. If I'm gonna replace them, I might as well get what I want off the bat. I was just wondering that if the shocks don't fix the problem, what else could be the problem? That way, while I'm dirty and still working on the car, I can try something else with everyone's ideas they're giving me. I appreciate everyone's comments so keep em coming.

Back